Moose PP in Wyoming >

Moose PP in Wyoming

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Moose PP in Wyoming

Old 03-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Spike

Default Moose PP in Wyoming

How many PP does it take to draw a Moose tag in Wyoming. Also are your odds the same on drawing if you are archery hunting?
I will have 10 pp in 2012.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd have to check, and get back to you.

But most of WY tags are just tags, not rifle or bow specific, which stinks IMO! I bowhunt and essentially I am forced to draw a rifle tag to bowhunt...usually bow tags are easier to draw than any weapon/rifle tags, in WY those are #7 or #9 type tags I believe but you'd have to check and confirm that.

10 is certainly quite a few...I'm sure in some units you'd have better draws, I hear wolves are really hurting moose populations though, so be careful...

it looks like the max # of pts for this year is 16...though many can be drawn with 10 or less from quick glance at the draw odds...

Last edited by salukipv1; 03-27-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Spike

maybe about 10 more points
Old 03-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Spike

dch, I have a couple threads going on MM & Eastman's on the topic. You are really sitting poorly with your points at only 9. I have 11 now and what nobody tells you is the massive amount of guys in the 10 & 11 point pools. 12 years ago WY offered purchasing a point without fronting the permit fee and the floodgates opened. Applicant numbers increased 10 times that year and went up each year since. You are already seeing the 11 point poolers filling up the mid-tier units and it will get worse. If I were you I'd try to burn your 9 points on a low tier unit before every 10 & 11 point holder realize they have zero chance to draw a Bighorn Mtns tag in their lifetime. That entire moose lottery is in big trouble with way too many guys in line and way too few tags available with less each year due to wolves.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

10 or 11. I know many people with 13 points and I think that is the maximum amount of points they allow. It is very hard to draw with 13 in many areas.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Spike

I'm sitting at 11 right now (12 after this year's drawing). From what I can tell, it's still going to take a while to draw a premier area. you could definitely draw a bull tag in a few areas, but you will most likely be disappointed with the results. There are exceptions though.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Well I finally burned my 11 points and drew my tag this year, unit 20 near Jackson. WYG&F has already posted the points required to draw each unit. You might want to check that out. There are some units that got a lot worse like 26. 23 odds went down but harvest success dropped in 2010. Overall I was surprised odds didn't get as bad as I expected. They will though. The 11 pointers can't sit on them forever.

There was even one guy who drew unit 20 with 10 points. You are sitting on a poor number though at 9.

Last edited by Zim; 05-10-2011 at 11:24 AM.