Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 BEST PLACE IN THE WEST TO LIVE >

BEST PLACE IN THE WEST TO LIVE

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

BEST PLACE IN THE WEST TO LIVE

Old 09-24-2003, 09:58 PM

Default RE: BEST PLACE IN THE WEST TO LIVE

If it were up to me I would live in Eunumclaw. South puget sound has great salmon fishing and you are about 1.5 hrs to awesome elk hunting. Mt Rainer is in your backyard and just south is Mt. St. Helens, talk about georgous country.

I live in Mukilteo, can' t say it is all that bad here though. About an hour north of Eunumclaw.

Washington is a beautiful state all together/
Old 09-25-2003, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

All of Puget Sound used to be a great place to live-I am a rare native here,remembering " speed limit" commutes down I -5!(Dating myself there).
If you like gridlock,the highest gas taxes in the country,and state, county, and local [&:]governments [&:][]that don' t have a clue what the word " foresight" means-governing in Hindsight only. Rampant growth+30 year old infrastructure=disaster coming.[X(]
All this while these [&:]liberal[>:][X(] " greenies" [>:]are doing thier best to close most of us out of as much federal land as they possibly can by getting it declared wilderness,even though it ISN' T [:' (]as per the US wilderness act of 1964[:' (]. The liberal press here is supporting this,saying how it would be the first wilderness created here since the mid 80' s-but I didn' t know that God had created any more since then! [X(][][X(]
I' m voting for Idaho or western Montana!!
Old 09-28-2003, 09:47 PM

I' d agree with Arctic Bowman and put in a good word for SE Alaska because I was born and raised here, but I think you would be happier all around in Oregon. SE Alaska is limited in variety of big game availability (just about everything besides deer, bear, and goat are on a draw system with damned small harvest quotas) and the ducks and geese can be a challenge after the ponds and lakes freeze up. The fishing can be world-class, but there are long periods when you can' t get out on the salt water because of snotty weather Fall to Spring, and everything fresh may be covered with a sheet of ice. Despite the lulls in the action, no matter what time of the year - the scenery is absolutely spectacular!

I travel to Oregon for about 50% of my annual hunting. I haven' t been to every part of the state, (yet) but I am rapidly checking the roaded areas off my list. There are some great areas to hunt watefowl down in the south around Klamath Falls (great for goose hunting) and you are just a short drive from very good upland shooting east and northeast of there. Depending upon what you do for a living any of the smaller burgs along Oregon Interstate-5 would probably fit the bill. I agree with Have 2 Hunt, the Oregon game people are a H*** of a lot more helpful than their Washington counter-parts . I don' t fish down there, but there are a lot of opportunities both on the coast and inland iof you have a hankering to wet a line.
Good luck on your choice!
Old 09-29-2003, 09:55 PM

I' d have to agree with Phish, the WA game dept thinks that the sportsmen are the enemy[:@] along with the namby pamby Liberal twinks in the Puget sound area[:@] Hard to believe that one county in the entire State can screw up the entire works[:@]
Old 09-30-2003, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

[X(] There' s a [>:]county[X(] just north of you that is no better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![X(]
Old 09-30-2003, 08:03 PM

Utah is defintely the best place to live.....the mountains are amazing....the weather is diverse.....and the wild life is there for the taking.

www.clarkbronson.com
Old 10-01-2003, 09:50 PM

Ya they were given the King county" How to F*** it up" manual and are streaming down the same path[:@][>:][X(]
Old 10-11-2003, 12:51 AM
Typical Buck

Payette/Weiser, Idaho. Close to the nice, big town of Boise, full of upland birds and big game and even a few opportunities for ducks. Not many liberals, either.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:50 PM

I live in the Puget Sound... You are pretty much an hour from anything you can imagine. Washington is a great outdoors place to live.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: steelstud

I live in the Puget Sound... You are pretty much an hour from anything you can imagine. Washington is a great outdoors place to live.
Yeah! even though its only 3 miles away!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: BEST PLACE IN THE WEST TO LIVE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.