HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   West (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west-28/)
-   -   Washington permits are out (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west/33654-washington-permits-out.html)

kirkl 07-21-2003 09:45 AM

Washington permits are out

I didnt get nothing. Will have 8 deer pts now.

http://198.187.3.50/cgi-bin/permit.cgi

yajsab 07-21-2003 03:58 PM

RE: Washington permits are out

YES!! Got my any bull tag for elk. Hmm... more scouting to do. :D

kirkl 07-21-2003 04:06 PM

What unit is your elk tag

BlackLab 07-22-2003 09:00 AM

scared to look, but here go' s. It' a big NEGATIVEon all picks. Good luck to the rest of ya ;).

kirkl 07-22-2003 11:39 AM

My lucky ass brother in law drew his 4th big bull tag since the drawings have taken place. Muzzleloader hunt and he drew a turkey tag.

BlackLab 07-22-2003 11:48 AM

I' d just call him lucky lucky. ;).

Wish I had drawn a doe tag for my 13 yr old daughter being this will be her first yr :D. Looks like were going after lumber [:-]

yajsab 07-22-2003 12:37 PM

GMU 352 - I haven' t hunt this unit very much (going 3rd year), so I don' t know much about it. Archery season.

kirkl 07-22-2003 02:19 PM

yajsab, thats a good unit, thats where i shot my 7x8 3 years ago and my cousin got his 5x6, thats where my brother in law has his muzzleloader tag at. Ill be up with him scouting the area out since hes never stepped foot in the unit. Lots of elk in that unit.

yajsab 07-22-2003 06:45 PM

kirkl,

Thanks for sharing. Like I' ve said, I don' t know much about this unit. If you don' t mind sharing a little about a general area in this unit where the bulls are, I appreciate it. I' m thinking about going scouting this week, so any help would be great. You can hit me offline at [email protected]. Thank you.

WAYNE1 07-22-2003 07:14 PM

BlackLab.....Wish I had drawn a doe tag for my 13 yr old daughter being this will be her first yr . Looks like were going after lumber ............................... Dang.....bring her over here to my place....bet the farm...it' s a for sure thing to get one.....or maybe I should say you' ll have many chance' s at one......as long as she can shoot......I' ve had many kid' s here to take their first deer......If your gonna be coming over around here.....let me know......and don' t worry about a camp or motel.....we' ve plenty of room...:)

wadeerhunter 07-22-2003 09:31 PM

Since tags don' t come out till next week you must be very special!

summit daWg 07-22-2003 09:59 PM

:D Special indeed! Just say no to Wild Lie!

wadeerhunter 07-22-2003 10:29 PM

Wondering how you got your results so fast?Could your last name be Locke?Now we see why you decided not to seek re-election.Got to spend some time doing whats important!

slee 07-22-2003 10:44 PM

It must be an inside joke, or I' m just missing the punchline. You can check the draw results online on the WDFW website. I was drawn for my 2nd choice, a Taneum B cow tag for ML. I was hoping for the Peaches Ridge big bull tag, but I' ll gladly take the cow tag. Can' t eat the headgear anyway, right?

kirkl 07-23-2003 08:18 AM

Yajsab, let me pull my map out. Its a good map and i would recommend you buying one. I can give you some road numbers from the map and there all good areas. Ill dig it out tonight and tell you what map it is and jot some road numbers down.

BlackLab 07-23-2003 09:39 AM

wayne thank you for the great offer, let me chew on it and I' ll let you know. Again thank you ;)

WAYNE1 07-23-2003 05:15 PM

BlackLab......O.K........and I' ll even leave the light on for ya.....just don' t let the cat in...:D

summit daWg 07-23-2003 10:33 PM

:D Okay guys,I have to eat crow on my last post.Yeah,Ibelieve it now.Didn' t get my any bull permit-but I did get a Quilomene any buck permit(Nov.1-Nov. 18). I guess I don' t have to drive to kelly hill (where I just heard there' s a 160 Ac. wildfire)for general buck opener-unless for the fun of it,since I live in Arlington.
thank god this year they decided to overlap this season with general elk season by a couple days!
HeyGuys,and gals-please pray FOR rain! Wild sky SUCKS!

Deleted User 07-25-2003 08:31 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Have 2 Hunt 07-25-2003 10:01 PM

I drew an Alkali A deer tag for November 27th to December 6th, does anybody know anything about this unit?

kirkl 07-26-2003 09:10 AM

Yajsab, Ive tried to email you but they keep coming back saying your email address is bad.

Have 2 hunt, that is the yakima firing center, there is alot of nice bucks out there. If your wanting a big buck dont shoot the first one you see cause theres some 26-29 inchers out there if you can find there hiding spot. my bro in law shot a nice one out there last year and I seen some pics of some monsters come out of there. that unit is about 8 miles from my house.

yajsab 07-28-2003 12:30 PM

Kirkl,

I don' t think my permit is valid in that area since it is not in GMU352.

kirkl 07-28-2003 04:09 PM

Yajsab, i was refering to Have 2 Hunt since he got a buck tag for the alkali unit.

yajsab 07-28-2003 09:36 PM

OOps, sorry. :D

Have 2 Hunt 08-02-2003 11:32 AM

Thanks for the info kirkl, I got some of the harvest info and it looks very incouraging. I plan on taking my 22' travel trailer over to stay in when I hunt. I have to check in at the main gate every morning so I would like to stay in the Yakima area. You would' nt happen to know of a good campground or something near the main entrance to the firing center would you?
Thanks again
H2H

kirkl 08-05-2003 09:42 AM

Have 2 hunt, I know theres a state park a few miles down the freeway which is probably 5-8 miles from the firing center or there is the yakima canyon which is closer to the firing center. Theres lots of camp grounds along the yakima river in the canyon. Guess it depends of if you want power to hook up to or not. those are about the only spots of i know of camping in the immediate area.

Have 2 Hunt 08-06-2003 11:46 PM

Thanks for the info. Power is not a problem for me, (Honda generator). I will probably go with the closest spot. I guess I will have to make a scouting trip or two and will get that figured out then. Looks like it will be a good season, as soon as I leave Yakima I get to head home to play guide to one of my elk hunting buddy' s who drew a cow tag in my back yard for the first half of December, one of three cow tags we drew this year between 7 of us. What a year this should be.:D
Thanks again for the info
H2H