HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   West (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west-28/)
-   -   Western Hunting Info (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west/333601-western-hunting-info.html)

NH602 11-07-2010 01:59 PM

Western Hunting Info

Hey am starting to research a hunt out west for 2011. Other than going to each states web page is their any website that would brealk down the more pertinant information? Draw odds, over the counter, success rate, public land, and so on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. FYI my kid brother and I would really like to chase down some mulies.

charlie brown 11-08-2010 02:54 PM

Monstermulies.com is a good resource.

Unfortunately, there is just too much information to put in one place.

If you want to hunt next year, then you are probably best to check out Idaho. Over the counter tags. Every other state I know of (Except California) is draw only for all of their tags, at least for a first draw. After that, there may be left overs, but hard to say, it all depends on the state.

Also, you have to figure out how you want to hunt -

Wilderness - high mountain alpine type stuff, Sagebrush rolling hills country, mixed p/j type country etc.

The figure how big of one you want.

It doesn't take long to figure out when you get your goals set down good.

Later,

Marcial

jdhogg 11-09-2010 06:37 AM

here in oregon is draw unless you put in for general seasons.contrary to popular belief ya dont need the biggest baddest magnum or a big scope.theres mountains and desert here so theres alot to pick from.

salukipv1 11-09-2010 07:02 AM

CO is the mule deer state!

MT has a pretty liberal season in the rut with a rifle.

skb2706 11-09-2010 08:06 AM

We are fresh out of Mule deer here in CO. I got the last one at the end of last year.

Actually CO is probably a pretty good bet but you would have had to start applying a couple of years ago to get some of the best tags. You can draw pretty well with as few as 2 pref points so put in asap.

RaghornHS 12-28-2010 05:11 PM

Give me a call or e-mail, I'll get you some info.

Hntnhrd 01-04-2011 12:25 PM

NH 602.
If I can help shoot me an email. I left NH for Montana about 10 years ago. Once you hunt the west its hard to chase those whitetails in the thick brush anymore!!!

Continental Divide Outfitters
www.huntmontanaelk.com

finnbear 01-05-2011 12:02 PM

Washington has unlimited OTC, both deer and elk!!!! Here also U have the pick of mountains to desert and everything in between

jdhogg 01-07-2011 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by finnbear (Post 3753224)
Washington has unlimited OTC, both deer and elk!!!! Here also U have the pick of mountains to desert and everything in between

finnbear,whats the story on them monster bulls at hanford?not sure i would eat one but man they are big

bchunts 01-22-2011 01:01 PM

I got some great places in New Mexico and Montana. Let me know if you need any help.