West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

ODFW Commission

Old 02-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default ODFW Commission

Quote:

From the January 29, 2010 Statesman Journal:

Governor picks Port Orford man for Fish and Wildlife Commission

“Bob Webber, a semiretired attorney from Port Orford, is Gov. Ted Kulongoski’s pick to replace Zane Smith on the Oregon Fish and Wildlife Commission.
The selection was announced today by Mike Carrier, the governor’s natural resources policy director. A decision has not been made on a candidate to replace commission chairwoman Marla Rae of Salem, and she will continue to serve until a replacement can be selected and confirmed by the Legislature, Carrier says in an e-mail announcing the selection of Webber .
Webber’s confirmation will be held during the upcoming interim legislative session.
Smith, of Springfield, is a natural resources policy consultant and retired regional forester with the U.S. Forest Service. His term expired on Feb. 15, 2009.
Carrier’s e-mail describes Webber as an avid sportsman who has participated on various Department of Fish and Wildlife task forces and committees.
In 2009, he was appointed as a special prosecutor in Curry County to prosecute wildlife crimes, an unpaid position.”
Here is where Bob stands on one of our issues in Oregon.

Quote:

ARGUMENT IN FAVOR

PREDATOR PROBLEMS ARE AT AN ALL-TIME
HIGH IN OREGON.
• Measure 18 has crippled Oregon's ability to control predator populations and has resulted in more conflicts between predators and people, livestock and pets in Oregon.
• Measure 18 has eliminated the best tool wildlife managers have for controlling Oregon's expanding populations of black bear and cougar: sport hunting.
• After failing to get their way with the Oregon Fish and Wildlife Commission, which supports traditional hunting methods, animal rights fanatics from out-of-state resorted to the Measure 18 initiative and successfully duped voters who simply weren't informed of the facts.
• Without sportsmen to control predator populations, the only relief from predator problems now comes after attacks occur, when government-paid trappers pursue the marauding predators from the site of the attack. Even then, most attempts at tracking problem predators prove unsuccessful.
• Prior to the passage of Measure 18, Oregon had a very successful management program in place that brought predator populations back from the brink of extinction to healthy numbers. Now Measure 18 has destroyed the balance.
• Vote to repeal Measure 18, correct our mistake, and return Oregon's wildlife management to our trained professionals.
Vote YES on 34!
(This information furnished by Robert Webber.)

(This space purchased for $500 in accordance with 1993 Or. Laws 811 §11.)
The printing of this argument does not constitute an endorsement by the State of Oregon, nor does the state warrant the accuracy or truth of any statement made in the argument.

http://www.sos.state.or.us/elections...S34/M34ARF.HTM

Here is the short simple letter I have sent to our senators and representatives.

I would like to show my support for Bob Webber to replace Zane Smith on the Oregon Fish and Wildlife Commission. Oregon could not ask for a better replacement than Bob Webber. Bob Webber gets my vote.

Please send in your emails as soon as possible. Let’s make a change for Oregon’s Fish & Wildlife.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

very interesting i see more cougar sign than deer this year so far