Mule deer in Wyoming >

Mule deer in Wyoming

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Mule deer in Wyoming

Old 08-04-2010, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mule deer in Wyoming

I am a nonresident with max points. Next year I have time to hunt mulies in Wyoming. What is the best (probably hardest) draw for a DIY rifle hunter?
Old 08-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

How many CO pts do you have? Probably better trophy potential in CO than WY, may want to sit on the WY pts another year...and go hunt CO.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe that I hold 7 points for deer in CO, but I already have elk hunts scheduled there for 2010 and 2011. I don't normally try to hunt deer and elk at the same time, so WY is the deer destination for 2011. There already is a B&C muley on my wall and taking a monster is no longer really important to me. I have max points (since the point system started) in WY, so I am guessing that I have a fair chance of drawing a good unit.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

PM on it's way
Old 08-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know about one of the harder areas to draw for bu I have seen big mule deer come from many different locations of the state. Do you like hunting high elevations or low creek bottoms? Western end of the state in the wilderness areas are good.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wolf killer
PM on it's way
Thank you for the response. I am somewhat familiar with those areas from chasing antelope around. I saw a lot of small mulies but only one big mature buck. Probably I was hunting too low to see big old mulies.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wheatley
Western end of the state in the wilderness areas are good.
As a DIY nonresident, the wilderness areas are not available. National forests, state lands, walk-in areas, and BLM are the only choices unless I can justify trespass fees on some private property.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

May look into the areas around Saratoga... non-wilderness and some quality bucks I believe roam the area.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I forget about the guide thing in Wyoming. There are great deer down in the Snowies. I was jus up in the Big Horns this weekend and seen a good solid mulie.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Spike

I've guided in western side by jackson hole. There are some huge bucks way up high near the idaho border. My dad is hunting in Buffalo this year and he said that he has seen a bunch of nice bucks and that is nice and low. Either way don't show up without a good spotting scope, and a nice accurate rifle. if you have any specific questions pm me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.