Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
is baiting deer/elk illegal in oregon? >

is baiting deer/elk illegal in oregon?

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

is baiting deer/elk illegal in oregon?

Old 05-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Spike

Default is baiting deer/elk illegal in oregon?

is baiting deer/elk illegal in oregon? i cant find a definate answer of if baiting deer ie food plots, corn, carrots, apples etc is illegal in oregon. does anyone know? thanks in advance
Old 05-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

no its not,but many use apples.dont get caught
Old 10-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

that reply is confusing me don't get caught with apples ? anyway I thought it was not legal I did not call fish and wildlife yet , that we be my guess on a good answer. I asked the guy in sporting goods at walmart and he said its legal now so I'm call fish and game to confirm this.

Last edited by brush buster; 10-03-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by brush buster
that reply is confusing me don't get caught with apples ? anyway I thought it was not legal I did not call fish and wildlife yet , that we be my guess on a good answer. I asked the guy in sporting goods at walmart and he said its legal now so I'm call fish and game to confirm this.
well since i have posted this i emailed odfw and they said that it is LEGAL to bait deer elk and cougar.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

hey thanks I have been busy working and hunting good to know and we can bait cougar well thanks , good hunting ..
Old 10-25-2010, 05:22 PM
Spike

so if your baiting for cougar and a bear comes to ur bait and you have a valit bear tag can you bag it?? Hypothetically of corse
Old 04-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Spike

It is Legal to Bait Deer, Elk and Cougar in the State of Oregon that is True...
but if a Bear comes in to the Bait Do Not Shoot it, since it is Illegal to Bait Bear in the State of Oregon you will get a real Big Ticket and in Big time Trouble.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry, but I have strong opinion about baiting. It a lousy way to hunt. I've never done it, and i'm glad it's illegal in Colorado.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

Well baiting is most likey legal in more places than not in some form or another...and besides IF it's legal where U R at there is nothing wrong with doing it, and U do not have the right to critize someone for employing a legal means of hunting!!!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Sorry, but I have strong opinion about baiting. It a lousy way to hunt. I've never done it, and i'm glad it's illegal in Colorado.
As much as I try to avoid conflict in these forums i'm afraid I have to wholeheartedly disagree with you. Baiting is illegal here in Montana also, but I don't feel that it gives me the right to go around and bash someone else's LEGAL and ethical in their state means of hunting. Our hunting heritage is consistantly being attcked by non hunters across the nation, and the last thing it needs is for hunters to start bashing the way that a person in a different geological region hunts. If you don't like baiting, don't do it, or don't hunt the states that alow it, but for the sake of our heritage, don't give the anti's any more ammo then what they currently have. JMHO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.