montana locations >

montana locations

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

montana locations

Old 12-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Spike

Default montana locations

hi i just have a quesiton. i'm from pennsylvannia and am thinkign about relocating and montana seems logical because of all the different kinds of game, my question is what is a good location to move too. what town gets u near elk,mulies,whitetails and alot of other kinds of game.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I'm from out east as well but have hunted Montana the past two years. I took all the game you listed over the past two years in an area an hour north of Great Falls. Elk and muleys in the mountains to the west, antelope, muleys and whiteys to the east.

Montana appears a bit unique in the way elk habitat is spread around the state. Antelope hunting gets better as you move east.

As for other game, the biggest sheep have been taking in the Missouri Breaks over the past few years. But those tags are a hard draw.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

All that game you mentioned doesn't exist here any more. Wolves ate em and the rest migrated down towards Colorado I think.

Bobby
Old 12-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Spike

Bozeman or Butte put you in the middle of everything
Old 12-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look at Bozeman, Billings & Butte.

I live not too far from Billings. I do all of my major shopping in Billings, then drive like heck to get home where it is quiet.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:55 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Wolf killer
Look at Bozeman, Billings & Butte.

I live not too far from Billings. I do all of my major shopping in Billings, then drive like heck to get home where it is quiet.
I live in Pittsburgh now, but just moved back here from Great Falls after 6 years. Great Falls puts you close to everything. Bozeman, IMHO is really a very stuck up town and very expensive. If you would like, pm me and we could exchange numbers, I would be happy to discuss it further. Not much of a typer.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

I would look at Cody,Wy. You have best of both worlds. 25 miles from Yellowstone. My friend has a Cabin up in the Big horn Mountains neer Cook city,Montanna. I love it there. Lots of Hunting. Awsome.