Mule deer hunt in region G areas 135, 143 and 145 in Wyoming >

Mule deer hunt in region G areas 135, 143 and 145 in Wyoming

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Mule deer hunt in region G areas 135, 143 and 145 in Wyoming

Old 08-08-2009, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mule deer hunt in region G areas 135, 143 and 145 in Wyoming

I got drawn for the Mule deer hunt in region G areas 135, 143 and 145 in Wyoming. I am a little nervous as I don't know what to expect as far as weather, terrain and even what kind of clothes to hunt in. I have not hunted any farther west than Nebraska so if anyone has any pointers about anything related to this area and hunting conditions I would appreciate your input. I am hunting with a group of 3 other hunters who have hunted out west the last several yrs so I won't be totally on my own. I think it will be a good hunt and I am really looking foreward to it.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Spike

135 is 99% private ranch area
Old 08-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

How much public ground is in the other two areas?
Old 09-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Spike

Default Region G

Beehunter,

jlloyd is crazy, Wyoming area 135 is in the Bridger Teton national Forest. There is an abundant amount of public land. Region G is a vast area of natioinal forest, great for back country pack trips.
As for the conditions, be ready for everything "this is Wyoming". The terain is steep and very rugged, make sure you are in shape. Also make sure you take all percautions for the Grizly Bear population, I am not saying you will see any, but it is possible. Good Luck!
Might see ya up in the Big Country.