Western Draw Results

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Western Draw Results

Old 06-19-2009, 07:31 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default Western Draw Results

Well the economy is not scaring away too many big game hunters. I have 10-14 points in most states and am currently 0 for 30 this year drawing tags. Throw in results for Maine and NH moose and it's o for 32.

Good thing I drew my home state Illinois firearrm deer permits this year.

Anyone else get primo tags?
Old 06-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Spike

Default RE: Western Draw Results

I drew the elk/deer combo for MT, 2nd year trying (so I am HAPPY)
Old 06-19-2009, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

also drew the MT elk tag, just waiting for my limited entry archery to come through.

Still waiting to hear on WY antelope, which sounds like it'll be 50/50 whether we draw or not.

Pretty sure that's it for this year, not sure any other limited tags have yet to be drawn...?

I'll be fall archery deer in IL too of course, though I'd like to find a new place to hunt here in IL, but since I hunt with my father getting him to change is beyond difficult.

Zim, 10-14pts in most states and no tags? for what species?or are you just saving them for a rainy day? just building pts? or actually applying for tags? If you're dying for a moose, you can draw an ID moose tag your first year with a lil luck.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

saluki,

No, I am not just applying for points. I do pick mostly the best units for everything, as I should with 10-14 points: elk, antelope, mulie, sheep. I've been on too many good hunts to settle for less than slammer anymore.

My buddy from Oregon drew a Utah Paunsagunt rifle deer tag this year, and I will be able to draw that either next year or the year after. So I think I will fly to Vegas, spend some time there, and go help him glass for his hunt 5-6 days.

Picked a great year to draw my IL permits and I will take advantage of the time available.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hear ya and agree about the slammer units.

Hopefully I'll be in one this fall for elk, and if I don't draw that antelope tag this year I think years to follow I'll be putting in for the best as I'm starting to acrue quite a few pts for antelope in WY.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Fork Horn

Failed to draw again WY limited entry area..... 2 points now,so should get one next year for sure!
Old 06-26-2009, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Manybeards

Failed to draw again WY limited entry area..... 2 points now,so should get one next year for sure!
Limited entry elk? do you mean MT? or what species?

My father and I drew our antelope tags! We did have 2 or 3 pts though, excited none the less. This is for unit 75 in WY.

Still waiting to hear about elk limited entry archery in MT.

Can't wait for some other refunds to arrive!

Old 07-04-2009, 06:51 PM

Got turned down for goat and sheep in montana .This year is illinios bow and a maryland sika deer.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

i got my ether-sextag and got my deer to i missed the pronghorn but have like 7 pp for that now
Old 07-18-2009, 02:03 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Well the last draw is Arizona deer and sheep. Thought it would post today, but no. Still waiting. Want results so I can finalize plans.

Did spoil myself by ordering a new bow, my first upgrade in 10 years.

Quick Reply: Western Draw Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.