montana hunt lease >

montana hunt lease

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

montana hunt lease

Old 01-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default montana hunt lease

i am lookinng to lease the hunting rights for 2009 in montana. i have family there and friends i hunt with but we really want one place that we can go and take our kids. if you know of or are a land owner looking to make some money for hunting rights please let me know
Old 01-08-2009, 04:54 PM

Default RE: montana hunt lease

ORIGINAL: gunny97

i am lookinng to lease the hunting rights for 2009 in montana. i have family there and friends i hunt with but we really want one place that we can go and take our kids. if you know of or are a land owner looking to make some money for hunting rights please let me know
Keep your leasing crap out east, we despise that junk out here. Typical out of stater.[:@][:@][:@]
Old 01-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Muley699,
loved the response and yes its true that it is killing the sport, hobby, way of life or what ever it means to you. I am from theEast and I will be the first to admitthat it islike adisease. Especiallywhen you think about certain areas of the mid west that don't have the local income to counter offerthat some of these guys from out of state have. Not to mention when they come bangin on farmers doors withthousands of dollars in hand. Don't blame the farmers though they need to make the extra $$. I have some friends that goout of state and hunt a leased farm that a localfamily used to hunt and when they starthaving to buy new tires for their trucksthey are supprised. Would you be?
Old 01-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Fork Horn

Muley
I am not one of those guys with a lot of money and i have family in Hardin. all i want is a place for me and my family to hunt on and if i find some i would gladly invite that owner to come south and hunt with me for Boar,Deer and Black bear.
I have hunted in montana for 5 years and had friends come south for beach vacations and hunting . a true sportsman wouldnt mind.
i understand yourcomment with the out of towners that buy up everything and you loose hunting land but i also know that montana has some great hunting and super people and outdoorsmanship abounds
that being said i will be there bow season--------------
Old 01-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

"typical out of stater". I really hope you were kidding when you said that. I have hunted in eastern Mt for the last five or so years, and have noticed that almost all of the private land is already leased. It is, however not leased by out of staters, but local hunting outfitters. It is very easy to blame someone from far away forsomething you don't approve of, but if you honestly look at it, you will see that the problem comes right from your own neighborhood. I'm not trying to start something here, but lets be realistic.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Rangerlab

"typical out of stater". I really hope you were kidding when you said that. I have hunted in eastern Mt for the last five or so years, and have noticed that almost all of the private land is already leased. It is, however not leased by out of staters, but local hunting outfitters. It is very easy to blame someone from far away forsomething you don't approve of, but if you honestly look at it, you will see that the problem comes right from your own neighborhood. I'm not trying to start something here, but lets be realistic.
Your damn right they have, even to the point where we now have to limit antelope tags. Why do you assume that the outfitters are from Montana? Dude, many outfitters live out of state and have a outfit here, I know several. Leasing is a freaking scurge, and folks coming from out of state and leasing lands where locals have grown up hunting is disgusting. I have no problem slipping a land owner a 100 bucks after an antelope hunt, however, leasing is designed to keep others OUT. The writing is on the wall here, and many Montanans are getting sick of it. [:@]
Old 01-11-2009, 03:54 PM

Muley
I am not one of those guys with a lot of money and i have family in Hardin. all i want is a place for me and my family to hunt on and if i find some i would gladly invite that owner to come south and hunt with me for Boar,Deer and Black bear.
I have hunted in montana for 5 years and had friends come south for beach vacations and hunting . a true sportsman wouldnt mind.
i understand yourcomment with the out of towners that buy up everything and you loose hunting land but i also know that montana has some great hunting and super people and outdoorsmanship abounds
that being said i will be there bow season--------------
So will I gunny--------
Old 01-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

Gunny97,

My family owns several ranches in central and southcentral Montana that have great big game and bird hunting. That said, I'd rather slam my d!ck in the front door than help you lease a square inch of that land to use as your own private hunting reserve. Allowing people reasonable access to hunting areas is far too important to piss away for a few measly bucks. Montana, like most western states, has millions of acres of public land and MT also has the Block Management program which obtains public access to private lands. Believe it or not there are still plenty of landowners that will let you hunt if you just ask nicely. You might have to help fix some fence or feed a few cows for the privelege, but at least you've legitimately earned it instead of just slapped some cash down. I honestly see leasing as a larger threat to our hunting future than the lunatic anti-hunting crowd is. Everybody wants less competition in the field, but that has gotten so successful that we're just going to squeeze the next generation right out of the picture due to our own selfishness. Please don't be part of the problem. There's tons of places you can hunt in Montana without leasing any land.

AK Jeff
Old 01-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Lighten up, guys...my lord...the dude is curious about a lease...he didn't ask for your personal feelings on the matter...give him a break.

Far too many people on this board that take an emotional, knee-jerk approach to things...it's sad, really
Old 01-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

All I got to say, I live in the eastern part ofMontana and every year it gets harder and harder to find land to hunt. Still lots of public and lots of Block Management areas but seems like every year 1 or 2 private ranches that would allow hunting but not in block managementI could access to hunt gets cut off by either leases or high rollers justwanting to own a ranch and have the theory, No Hunting.

I agree with AK Jeff, esp if a person is willing to help a rancher to some work on the ranch, your able to get permission on alot of land otherwise they would say no too. Even for out of staters, a weekend before or after your hunt offering to lend a hand goes a long ways when asking for permission.

Quick Reply: montana hunt lease

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.