Blacktails pics! >

Blacktails pics!

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Blacktails pics!

Old 01-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Blacktails pics!

Got some pictures from my D40, if anyone else has any pictures of blacktails, I'd like to see em!

Sorry, you'l have to click on the links below to view... I can't find out how to embed them in the post!?
If anyone nows how, I'd appriciate it if you told me!

[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 01-10-2009, 11:26 AM

Default RE: Blacktails pics!

HHU, when posting, in the tool bar above where you type, click the button to the far right. Yellow box with grey mountains in it. A box should pop up, allowing you to paste a http:// link, paste it in, click ok...and the pic should show up in your post.

Like this.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks man! I wouldn't have figured it out without your help!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice pics HHU.... did you put out a salt lick or other food to attrac them to that spot or is it a natural funnel??
Old 01-16-2009, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well on some of the top ones, yes cause I wanted to know when they dropped their antlers and yesturday when I checked my camera the big 3x3 with eyegards lost his! So I am going to try to find them Saturday!

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2009, 02:35 PM

Here are a few photos of some nice bucks I've seen in the last year or so. I live in the California foothills and see deer daily.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:50 AM

Those are some beautiful deer. I have always thought that the blacktail are the best looking because of their usually black marking on their face and forehead. Great pictures and that one in California is pretty big with some heavy horns.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:39 PM

Sorry I messed up on the photos. My first try at getting them posted.

There are a couple real monster Blacktails in there and I've seen a few more that I could not photo. They really don't hang around too much in the open.

Moose
Old 02-21-2009, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I thought I had monster bucks on my camera! That 3x3 is friggin HUGE! The massis unbelievable on him... That would be a nice deer to get! What kinda minerals and corn do you feed em?
Old 02-22-2009, 11:32 AM

Yeah, that 3x3 is a dandy. I got some hard horned photos of him but not good ones. He was always in the thick brush and on the move. All the others split up after losing their velvet and I could not find them again. I don't feed them. These photos were shot at a customer's house at about the 3000 foot level. He was feeding them some kind of corn - oat mix. He stopped feeding them soon after I photographed them (ran out of money). I felt very lucky to have seen and photographed those bucks that day.
The buck out in the field with the doe was photographed at Bodega Bay, just a few hundred yards from the ocean. A dandy for a coast Blacktail.
I try to keep my camera with me all the time. I never know when I'll see a buck. The first photo of the big 2x3 was the only time I ever saw him. He is a older buck that came down from the high country to winter in the foothills.
Moose

Quick Reply: Blacktails pics!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.