HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   West (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west-28/)
-   -   washington permits (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west/263685-washington-permits.html)

Jlloyd31 09-17-2008 07:44 PM

washington permits

where did everyone get a special permit for?? i got a doe tag in the sinlahekin!! nice

wnbearhunter 09-17-2008 08:09 PM

RE: washington permits

Skunked for second deer tag,Elk, and Moose.

J for the USA 09-18-2008 02:14 PM

I got a second deer (antlerless WT doe) tag. Nothing else.

Jlloyd31 09-18-2008 07:52 PM

but that WT DOE will taste so good.. good luck to you. i also got skunked on elk sheep moose and goat!!

summit daWg 09-22-2008 05:40 AM

Skunked

chase4545 09-22-2008 10:51 AM

I got a Lewis River C (gmu 560) bow permit for Nov 1-30. Looking forward to hunting the river bottoms down there. I just got back from an Alberta hunt where I had bulls all over me but was unable to close the deal on any of them. Best of luck to you guys.

ppodpearson 09-22-2008 05:46 PM

Got an antlerless in 505. Might just harvest one of the garden fed pest this year.

Jlloyd31 09-24-2008 07:37 PM

garden fed or woods fed.. they all eat well :):)

Power 10-23-2008 02:51 PM

11 years now and still never drawn for elk or deer. Been putting in for moose and sheep for a couple now as well and not drawn (no surprise there).

Wife got drawn for her 3rd tag in the last 8 years, Quilomene 3pt or better buck tag starting on Nov. 3rd. Hopefully we'll get some weather to push some bucks down to that area.

summit daWg 11-06-2008 05:46 AM

How's it gone James? You got that weather right on time (snowflakes as we were pulling out of elk camp Sunday morning). Looks like it is going to hell today for a while.

Power 11-06-2008 09:57 AM

It was too warm for elk this year, 60's most of the season, they never came down low where I hunt. I finally went up the hill after them the last day but no luck. How about you? Any luck this year?

summit daWg 11-07-2008 05:38 AM

I Agree with the too warm comment. we did see quite a few animals up near our old camp (DNR fixed it so we don't dare go down in there to camp anymore even though it had been an established camp for over 50 years) We were on Naneum Rd 2nd camp on the right from 4 corners. There were many up Naneum the first weekend (Whiskey Corner pulled out 4) and later on down by the Wardens shack toward Colockum Rd. I've got to say the deer situation in that area seems pathetic!........Mama had a Mission any deer disabled SP
Did have a great vacation though!! I see where it is 42 degrees this morning at the Sheep Springs Snotel site....Bye Bye snow.

Power 11-07-2008 12:00 PM

It's finally November weather, rain and cold. Yes, the deer have all disappeared off the face of the earth. Everyone I talked to this fall never saw hardly any deer. Just hope the wife's Quilomine buck tag plays out and they finally come out of hiding. We'll be out low all weekend so think of us hunting in the rain.

We always camp at my B.I.L.'s house on the Colockum road. You'll have to stop by next year if you come out the Colockum road.

summit daWg 11-07-2008 07:06 PM

Good luck on the 329 SP I believe there are still some around, but it seems there are more on the Ellensburg side ....Just above the wind farms, where the horse hunters leave alfalfa is best. Worked for us a few years back. GO get 'em! We'll be heading for NE Wa. next weekend.

Power 11-10-2008 04:39 PM

The wife got her buck, a nice 3pt up the Tarpiscan. Click on my signature for pictures and the story.

summit daWg 11-26-2008 05:57 AM

Had a 50% success rate on the trip mentioned in the previous post. Had a 5x5 W/T step out on Sunday 11-16. Nice buck, wish it had been his big brother we had been catching (quick) glimpses of for four days, but I won't complain about this animal.120#. Successful trip.
Damn. now to wait near a full year. Pics later

Power 11-26-2008 09:18 AM

Looking forward to pics and the story.