Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 washington permits >

washington permits

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

washington permits

Old 11-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: washington permits

It was too warm for elk this year, 60's most of the season, they never came down low where I hunt. I finally went up the hill after them the last day but no luck. How about you? Any luck this year?
Old 11-07-2008, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I Agree with the too warm comment. we did see quite a few animals up near our old camp (DNR fixed it so we don't dare go down in there to camp anymore even though it had been an established camp for over 50 years) We were on Naneum Rd 2nd camp on the right from 4 corners. There were many up Naneum the first weekend (Whiskey Corner pulled out 4) and later on down by the Wardens shack toward Colockum Rd. I've got to say the deer situation in that area seems pathetic!........Mama had a Mission any deer disabled SP
Did have a great vacation though!! I see where it is 42 degrees this morning at the Sheep Springs Snotel site....Bye Bye snow.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's finally November weather, rain and cold. Yes, the deer have all disappeared off the face of the earth. Everyone I talked to this fall never saw hardly any deer. Just hope the wife's Quilomine buck tag plays out and they finally come out of hiding. We'll be out low all weekend so think of us hunting in the rain.

We always camp at my B.I.L.'s house on the Colockum road. You'll have to stop by next year if you come out the Colockum road.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck on the 329 SP I believe there are still some around, but it seems there are more on the Ellensburg side ....Just above the wind farms, where the horse hunters leave alfalfa is best. Worked for us a few years back. GO get 'em! We'll be heading for NE Wa. next weekend.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

The wife got her buck, a nice 3pt up the Tarpiscan. Click on my signature for pictures and the story.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had a 50% success rate on the trip mentioned in the previous post. Had a 5x5 W/T step out on Sunday 11-16. Nice buck, wish it had been his big brother we had been catching (quick) glimpses of for four days, but I won't complain about this animal.120#. Successful trip.
Damn. now to wait near a full year. Pics later
Old 11-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looking forward to pics and the story.