A little respect... >

A little respect...

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

A little respect...

Old 09-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default A little respect...

I went out to try and fill my archery elk tag last week and ran into some fellas from Elk Grove, Ca. They pulle dup to us as we were looking at some deer and a lone cow. All the animals were on private land but were only about 150 yards from public. We told the guys that the land was private and my buddies dropped me off at the fence and took off with the calie boys behind. After a few minutes I started to call and get the cow back onto public but she was being hard headed. About 15 minutes into my efforts, everything changed. All the animals were gone and I could now hear voices. I waled back to the road and see the same dumb asses on the private land. I took about 2 steps a heard tehm shoot at one of the bucks. What a buch of asses. One, they knew I was hunting there, legeally. 2, they knew they were not allowed to hunt there. I am all for traveling to hunt but at least respect the laws and other around you. As for the 2 asses, I hope that the DOW catches up to you this season.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:09 PM

Default RE: A little respect...

I'm in and hunt California. I've hunted Colorado, Wyoming, and Oregon. I have a great respect for the law.
You're going to find Bozo's just about anywhere at any time. Sorry they wrecked your hunt

T

Old 09-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

I dont care about where they are from, it more of caring about who you are as a person. Not only did they ruin my chnace at that elk but they commited a felony in doing so. It's just an animal, do it right or don't do it. i just found out that some other guys were busted in the same area from shooting a 2 point buck (if you want to call it that.) They were from Utah and are now look at some serious charges. For what, 80 lbs of meat? This type of stuff is what gives us a bad name. Just a little steam.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:14 AM

Sad to say, but it happens everywhere. And you are exactly right in that these are the type of incidents that give us a bad name. I grew up in NE MO, and there were about equal numbers of dip****s that came up from the bigger cities and local dip****s. Idiocy knows no boundaries. I must admit though, I haven't seen as much of it since I moved to AZ, but that might be because you can't just go to the store and buy a rifle tag. I'm not a big fan of ratting people out, but I also think maybe it's a good idea to give authorities a heads up in the interest of self preservation on the part of hunters. I personally don't like being considered a pig because of the actions of a few.

Sorry they ruined your hunt, Camel. It's always frustrating when you put in the time and effort only to have it spoiled by someone not on the same page as you.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:22 AM

I live in Elk Grove, Ca. (and was nowhere near Colorado last week) and want to express my disappointment that hunters from Elk Grove behaved so badly and ruined your hunt. There are 136,000 residents of Elk Grove so please do not judge us all by the actions of those two. BTW, the name of our city is somewhat misleading: there are no elk in Elk Grove.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Huh...i know a lot of hunters in Elk Grove, but didn't hear of any that went up for bucks with a rifle....Sorry to hear that, that really sux. I am sure this happends to everyone and everywhere...it don't matter if they are from out of state or not.

had some of the same type of situation happen to me while i was hunting in KS last year. appearntly they don't like people driving cars from MO, little did they know we were actually from CA and just had a rental.

is rifle season even open in CO for deer?
Old 09-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

Not rifle, black powder. I know Elk Grove too. I grew up in So. Cal. and have travled much of the state for various reasons. I have hunted in 8 different states and could never think about acting like that. I have a feeling that time is not on their side. Oh well, back to my hunting...