COLO DOW HABITAT STAMP RIPOFF >

COLO DOW HABITAT STAMP RIPOFF

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

COLO DOW HABITAT STAMP RIPOFF

Old 08-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: COLO DOW HABITAT STAMP RIPOFF

What’s even more frustrating is spending tons of cash and you don’t draw a tag… Really seems like we are getting nickel and dimed….
Every year, I spend over $500 in non-refundable hunting fee’s to various states that I have never even drawn a tag in.
If you ask me, there should be a basic fee to get into the draw, then if your successful make me buy extra stamps, fees, licenses – I don’t mind that as much… I shouldn’t have a $200+ bill for one state just to get into the drawings!!
Recently, I've been crucnhing numbers... In some ways, I may be better off to just buy a guaranteed landowner tag in a decent unit every 3-4 years then just hunt the cheapo general units the other years... Instead of applying in all of these 'super units' every year with all of the non-refundable fees?
Old 08-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: skb2706

Theres cheap and then theres being taken advantage of. Some choose to accept it some choose to bitch about it. I like bitchin about it myself.
B!tch all you want but it if $5 is considered be taken advantage of you probably can't afford hunt. Every state has some nickle and dime fee they add to the price of licenses.

Hunters as a group are cheap and whine about any fee increase as if it will put an end to their hunting. The tag is the cheapest part of a hunt especially if it is a resident tag.

Nemont
Old 08-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can b!tch about it as I please .....they still get lots of money from me. The demise of hunting as we know it will not be from those of us who complain it will be from those of us who quit or fail to pass on to the next generation. I purchasea minimum of 8 big game licenses every year and have the opportunity to get land owner vouchers so I know all about paying the extra 5 bucks hereand there.