HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   West (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west-28/)
-   -   hunters..Commision Mtg Ellensburg Mar 6,7 Last public comments taken (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west/250561-hunters-commision-mtg-ellensburg-mar-6-7-last-public-comments-taken.html)

summit daWg 06-25-2008 08:56 PM

hunters..Commision Mtg Ellensburg Mar 6,7 Last public comments taken

Get ready to bend over if we don't respond to some of thier new proposals. Don't let the PETA's and other Anti hunters outnumber us . Much of it is BAD and we need to do all we can to stop a lot of it.........

The link is there.....if you really care it will take you at least30 minutes

You're subscribed to this mailing list.

WDFW News Release: WDFW invites hunters, others to help develop hunting seasons for 2009-11‏

WDFW Public Affairs ([email protected])

Sent:
Tue 6/24/08 7:57 AM

To:

WDFW NEWS RELEASE
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091

http://wdfw.wa.gov/

June 23, 2008

[align=center]WDFW invites hunters, others to help
develop hunting seasons for 2009-11
[/align]OLYMPIA - The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) is inviting hunters, conservation groups and the general public to help shape state hunting seasons for 2009-11.
Through July 13, WDFW will accept public comments on issues ranging from general hunting hours to mule deer seasons. A questionnaire on those issues is posted on the department's website at http://wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/game/seasonsetting/index.htm .
Hunters and others can also suggest their own ideas for future hunting seasons, said Dave Ware, WDFW game manager.
"This is the first of several opportunities people will have to participate in developing hunting seasons for the next three years," Ware said. "We have certain management goals that we must meet, but we want to involve hunters and other members of the public in helping us determine how best to achieve them."
Once the first comment period is over, WDFW will assess recommendations received from the public and use them in developing various season alternatives and proposed hunting regulations for 2009-11, Ware said.
In mid-August, WDFW will post those alternatives for public comment on its website and kick off a series of public meetings throughout the state. Evening meetings are planned Aug. 25 in Everett; Aug, 26 in Aberdeen; Aug. 27 in Tacoma; Aug. 28 in Vancouver, Wash.; Sept. 2 in Wenatchee; Sept. 3 in Spokane Valley; and Sept. 4 in Pasco. Specific times and locations of those meetings will be announced in July.
In March and April 2009, the Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission will take public comments and consider adopting the proposed hunting seasons.
WDFW will provide regular updates on the hunting season-setting process via the WDFW website noted above. Interested citizens can also receive updates through the mail by calling (360) 902-2515 and asking to be added to the mailing list.

[hr]

This message has been sent to the WDFW News Releases & Weekender mailing list.
Visit the WDFW News Release Archive at:
http://wdfw.wa.gov/do/newreal/

[/align]

[/align][ul]New

[/ul]

WDFW NEWS RELEASE
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091

http://wdfw.wa.gov/

February 23, 2009

[align=center]Fish and Wildlife Commission to take comment
on proposed 2009-11 hunting rules
[/align]The Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission will take final public input on a proposed three-year package of hunting seasons and rules during its March 6-7 meeting in Ellensburg.
The commission, which sets policy for the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW), will meet both days beginning at 8:30 a.m. at the Quality Inn, 1700 Canyon Road in Ellensburg.
The commission will be briefed by WDFW wildlife program staff and take public comment on rule proposals for the 2009, 2010, and 2011 hunting seasons. The seasons include hunts for deer, elk, moose, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, black bear, cougar and small game. Commissioners also will hear comments on proposals for special seasons and hunting restrictions; opportunities for terminally ill and disabled hunters; hunter-education requirements; landowner hunting permits and damage-prevention permit hunts; trapping seasons; big game and wild turkey auctions, raffle and special-incentive permits; special closures and game management unit boundary descriptions; non-toxic shot requirements; and hunting equipment restrictions.
Details on all proposed rules are available on the WDFW website at http://wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/game/seasonsetting/index.htm#recommendations . The proposals were developed after extensive public involvement last year and are based on the 2009-15 Game Management Plan, available at http://wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/game/management/2009-2015/ .
The March commission meeting provides the last opportunity for public input on the 2009-11 hunting seasons proposals. Final commission action is scheduled for the April 3-4 meeting in Olympia.
At the March meeting the commission also will consider approval of a proposed acquisition of property to protect critical wildlife habitat in Okanogan County, and receive a WDFW fish program staff overview on salmon forecast data and fishery opportunities.
Public input on fish and wildlife issues is welcome at several scheduled times during the meeting. A preliminary meeting agenda is available at http://wdfw.wa.gov/commission/meetings/2009/03/agenda_mar0609.html .

[hr]

This message has been sent to the WDFW All Information mailing list.
Visit the WDFW News Release Archive at:
http://wdfw.wa.gov/do/newreal/
To UNSUBSCRIBE from this mailing list:
http://wdfw.wa.gov/lists/unsubscribe.htm
[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

[/align][/align][/align][/align][ul]

[/align]

[/ul]

J for the USA 06-27-2008 10:27 AM

RE: Washington hunters...2009-11 Season and Reg. survey Please Complete

summit daWg,
Good post. I'll flipped through and later I'll fill it out. What things are you mentioning? I think I'll mention indian poaching, as well as my expectation for them to monitor the wolves in the northeast. Not quite sure how to deal with the declining mule deer on the east slope. Or the elk in the Blues... any thoughts? :eek:

summit daWg 06-27-2008 07:14 PM

Okay....... Let's see what I can remember

The good 1. They are asking if we want to try to extend the muzzeloader season opening it the last weekend in September for deer,ending the Friday before Modern rifle as it is now.
2 they are asking if we want toto expand the number of GMU's open to muzzeloaders in general season
3 they are asking if we want to bring muzzeloader equipment {scopes, modern weapons) up to date
That's it for the good

Now SOME of the bad

1 They are asking if we want to make the Colockum area a "true spike" onl
y. (which I could live with)
2 They are asking if they should close more roads in the area
Not even mentioning how badly the cover in the area has been raped by DNR logging.OR Poaching OR indians
3 They are asking if we want to make the Colockum area a special permit ONLY area.
I talked to a man in Yakima a couple weeks ago that told me the the second two were not even being considered
4 They are asking if we should raise the special App. fee to from $25- $50 per application
5 They are asking if they shoud limit the number of hunt choices we can put in for (Now limited to 4) to 4 or Less than
6 They are asking if they should set aside a pool of SP's for Non Residents ONLY Mind you Non residents pay ten times as much for everything in fees.
Does that one not smack of REVENUE grabbing? As does #4

That is just a few of the ideas they are putting out there..... And mind you this is on the net so anyone can give thier opinions that could make hunting as hard and expensive on us as Possible, if they don't happen to agree with hunting.
I have sent this to ALL in my address book who would be concerned about it and put it here also.
My hope is that all will respond and post to let us know they have
As you can see there will be 6 meetings throughout the state for us to attend an do what we can to make our feelings known to the wildlife commission, which as many as possible should attend.

Last time I did one of these....they adopted just about everything i spoke out against.

summit daWg 07-04-2008 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: J for the USA

summit daWg,
Good post. I'll flipped through and later I'll fill it out. What things are you mentioning? I think I'll mention indian poaching, as well as my expectation for them to monitor the wolves in the northeast. Not quite sure how to deal with the declining mule deer on the east slope. Or the elk in the Blues... any thoughts? :eek:

Just curious.....Anybody else been there, done that?????????

summit daWg 07-12-2008 07:26 PM

LAST day to comment is July 13 !!!!!!!

J for the USA 07-14-2008 11:13 AM

Done, thanks for the reminder. Good luck on your tags ;)

Robb92 07-21-2008 12:33 AM

I filled it out a while ago. if you notice the survey was open to the general public, not just hunters, I left quite a few comments throughout the survey.

summit daWg 07-21-2008 07:21 PM

ThanksRobb92.... So did I!

ORIGINAL: Robb92

I filled it out a while ago. if you notice the survey was open to the general public, not just hunters, I left quite a few comments throughout the survey.

summit daWg 08-09-2008 10:59 AM

Here are the dates, locations, and times of the Commission meetings regarding this important issue. Now since a young bear hunter shot and killed a hiker last week ..it becomes MORE important that as many of us as possible attend at least one of them! Lets not let the anti gun/anti hunters shape our future

[color="#ffffff" size="2"]News Releases Help shape future hunting seasons at 3 events in southwest Washington July 25, 2008
[hr] WDFW invites hunters, others to help develop hunting seasons for 2009-11 June 23, 2008
[align=center]2009-2011 Hunting Season Setting Process[/align] It’s that time again…
It’s time to develop the 2009-2011 hunting seasons. Major hunting objectives and season structures are set on a three-year cycle with minor adjustments during the off years. The process for developing a three-year hunting season package is an expanded version of the annual season-setting process. The exception is the major migratory bird hunting seasons, which are all set on an annual cycle to coincide with federal season-setting processes.
Establishment of all hunting seasons is guided by goals, objectives, and strategies contained in the 2009-2015 Game Management Plan. Starting in June, the Department will ask for your help to determine the major issues that you feel are important for the next three-year hunting season cycle. As outlined below, there will be several opportunities for you to provide your input throughout the process.
Watch this website for regular updates on the season-setting process.
Timeline:
[blockquote] 1. Issue Scoping: April 2008 – July 2008
[blockquote] Public Comment Period Over: July 13 [ul][*] 2009-2011 Hunting Season Package Issue Scoping Survey [/ul] [/blockquote] 2. Refining Alternatives: July 2008 – November 2008
[blockquote] Public Comment Period: August 12, 2008 – September 30, 2008 [ul][*]After the initial issue-scoping phase, Department staff will refine the issues into preferred alternatives based on public comments received. These alternatives will be discussed at the public meetings held throughout the state in August and September.[/ul] "Statewide" Public Meeting Dates & Locations [ul][*]Bellingham – August 25
Broadway Hall
1300 Broadway
Bellingham, WA 98225
[*] Aberdeen – August 26
Log Pavilion at Morrison Riverfront Park
1401 Sargent Blvd.
Aberdeen, WA 98520
[*] Tacoma – August 27
Landmark Convention Center
47 Saint Helens Ave.
Tacoma, WA 98402
[*] Vancouver – August 28
Water Resources Education Center
4600 SE Columbia Way
Vancouver, WA 98663
[*] Wenatchee – September 2
Confluence Technology Center
285 Technology Center Way
Wenatchee, WA 98801
[*] Spokane – September 3
Mirabeau Park Hotel & Convention Center
North 1100 Sullivan Rd
Spokane Valley, WA 99037
[*] Pasco – September 4
TRAC Center
6600 Burden Blvd.
Pasco, WA 99301[/ul] [/blockquote] 3. Developing Recommendations (dates below are preliminary, final dates available in October):
[blockquote] Public Comment Period on specific rule proposals: January 20, 2009 – February 5, 2009 [ul][*]After the public meetings are held, Department staff will develop recommendations for consideration by the Fish and Wildlife Commission in March and April 2009. These recommendations will be based on the biological needs of a species and information collected during the public meetings.[/ul] Commission Meetings: [ul][*] March 2009[*] April 2009 [/ul] [/blockquote] [/blockquote] [align=left]
[hr] Find a bug or error in the system? Let us know about it!
© 2008 Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
E-mail <[email protected]>
[/align] .

summit daWg 08-30-2008 08:41 AM

There is another survey out there also until the end of Sept.
Would anyone out there like to see the M/R Yakima/ Colockum elk seasons open a week later?? The question is there. I have wanted this to happen for YEARS!

Would you like to see the Colockum area become 100% special permit only??? hmmmmmmmmmmmm...I wonder what the the group maxinum number would be on that?? or...........

Would you rather see it "true spike" only

Too bad there are no questions regarding the steady Over harvesting of the timber and cover up there

Whitetail antler restrictions in N/E Washington....along with MORE special permit money coming into them

N/E washington doe tags turning into second deer (antlerles) tags since many antlerless SP holders would rather bag a buck!

[color="#ffffff" size="2"]News Releases Help shape future hunting seasons at seven meetings around the state August 13, 2008
[hr] Help shape future hunting seasons at 3 events in southwest Washington July 25, 2008
[hr] WDFW invites hunters, others to help develop hunting seasons for 2009-11 June 23, 2008
[align=center]2009-2011 Hunting Season Setting Process[/align] It’s that time again…
It’s time to develop the 2009-2011 hunting seasons. Major hunting objectives and season structures are set on a three-year cycle with minor adjustments during the off years. The process for developing a three-year hunting season package is an expanded version of the annual season-setting process. The exception is the major migratory bird hunting seasons, which are all set on an annual cycle to coincide with federal season-setting processes.
Establishment of all hunting seasons is guided by goals, objectives, and strategies contained in the 2009-2015 Game Management Plan. Starting in June, the Department asked for your help to determine the major issues that are important to you for the next three-year hunting season cycle.Thank you for such a great response. We had nearly 4,000 people respond to the scoping survey. The results are posted below.
There are several opportunities for you to provide your input throughout the process. Keep watching this website for regular updates on the season-setting process.
Timeline:
[blockquote] 1. Issue Scoping: April 2008 – July 2008
[blockquote] Public Comment Period Over: July 13 [ul][*]Scoping Survey Summary[*]Scoping Survey Written Comments[/ul] [/blockquote] 2. Refining Alternatives: July 2008 – November 2008
[blockquote] Public Comment Period: August 13, 2008 – September 30, 2008 [ul][*] 2009-2011 Hunting Season Package Alternatives Survey [*]After the initial issue-scoping phase, Department staff refined the issues into preferred alternatives based on public comments received. The alternatives will be discussed at the public meetings held throughout the state in August and September.[*]Issues and Alternatives Fact Sheets[/ul] Public Meeting Dates & Locations (all meetings begin at 7:00pm) [ul][*]Bellingham – August 25
Broadway Hall
1300 Broadway
Bellingham, WA 98225
[*] Aberdeen – August 26
Log Pavilion at Morrison Riverfront Park
1401 Sargent Blvd.
Aberdeen, WA 98520
[*] Tacoma – August 27
Landmark Convention Center
47 Saint Helens Ave.
Tacoma, WA 98402
[*] Vancouver – August 28
Water Resources Education Center
4600 SE Columbia Way
Vancouver, WA 98663
[*] Wenatchee – September 2
Confluence Technology Center
285 Technology Center Way
Wenatchee, WA 98801
[*] Spokane – September 3
Mirabeau Park Hotel & Convention Center
North 1100 Sullivan Rd
Spokane Valley, WA 99037
[*] Pasco – September 4
TRAC Center
6600 Burden Blvd.
Pasco, WA 99301[/ul] [/blockquote] 3. Developing Recommendations (dates below are preliminary, final dates available in October):
[blockquote] Public Comment Period on specific rule proposals: January 20, 2009 – February 5, 2009 [ul][*]After the public meetings are held, Department staff will develop recommendations for consideration by the Fish and Wildlife Commission in March and April 2009. These recommendations will be based on the biological needs of a species and information collected during the public meetings.[/ul] Commission Meetings: [ul][*] March 2009[*] April 2009 [/ul] [/blockquote] [/blockquote] [align=left]
[hr] Find a bug or error in the system? Let us know about it!
© 2008 Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
E-mail <[email protected]>
[/align]