HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   West (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west-28/)
-   -   Looking for Western Bow Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west/248811-looking-western-bow-hunters.html)

tdm69 06-09-2008 04:14 PM

Looking for Western Bow Hunters

We are looking for a few Western archery hunters to keep a hunting journal on our website. If interested email Terry at: [email protected]. Please visit the site for other info. www.myarcheryhunt.com

fishm@n 06-09-2008 06:20 PM

RE: Looking for Western Bow Hunters

No offense but that web site needs some work, it is a mish mash of stuff.. you've probably got a lot of good stuff there but it is sure hard to look at.

tdm69 06-09-2008 06:30 PM

Sorry you feel that way fishm@n. Your the first person I have got that response from, and I deal with a lot of people high in this industry including manufacturers and outfitters. Maybe you could throw some of your expertise in web building my way. Were always looking for a better way. Can I check out your work some where?

muley699 06-09-2008 06:51 PM

Man I agree with Fish, it was like driving thru a town with billboards plastered all over. Needs some order, headings, sub headings etc. Just my 2cents, worth price charged.:D

tdm69 06-09-2008 07:08 PM

I'm not at all against either ofthe two of you guys criticism, but every website you look at is plastered with billboards. List me one that doesn't. That's kinda what the home page is about. Personally I don't like to have to look at a bunch of adds either, but we wouldn't have a website without them people who help us. I have actually had the home page set up many different ways and have got the most compliments from this way. It may be some what cluttered but space is also limited. Why don't you dig deeper and see what the website actually has in it. You don't have to scroll down the home page at all to do that.

HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED 06-10-2008 06:49 PM

I think the website is awesome dude!!! keep up the good work!

tdm69 06-10-2008 09:40 PM

Thanks HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED. I actually just got finished changing the home page again, as I was in the works on putting a slideshow up to eliminate all the photos, just didn't think I would be done this soon. It looks alot cleaner now and the slideshow is awesome. People don't relise how much work and time is involved in putting a good page together. CHECK IT OUT.

muley699 06-11-2008 03:26 PM

ORIGINAL: tdm69

I'm not at all against either ofthe two of you guys criticism, but every website you look at is plastered with billboards. List me one that doesn't. That's kinda what the home page is about. Personally I don't like to have to look at a bunch of adds either, but we wouldn't have a website without them people who help us. I have actually had the home page set up many different ways and have got the most compliments from this way. It may be some what cluttered but space is also limited. Why don't you dig deeper and see what the website actually has in it. You don't have to scroll down the home page at all to do that.
TDM, don't take it personally, I and Fish I believe, are offering input, it is very cluttered. I am not critcizing the content, scope, or intent of the site. Go for it dude. It just seemed awkward and cluttered, just trying to help. :D

BrushChimp 06-11-2008 04:48 PM

I agree. Very awkward and cluttered. Zero direction or organization. No offense, but did a third grader help you create that website? Like they said before, the site probably has good content. It's just that I made better websites from scratch (learning how to write some software language) at age 11.

tdm69 06-11-2008 07:53 PM

Hey muley699. If I came across wrong, I didn't mean to. I knew it was kind of cluttered and I was in the works of fixing it, but I'm not a boy wonder who started building websites at age 11, I was out shooting my first deer with my bow at that age. No offense to anyone, I just enjoyed and excelled at different things I guess. I just like people to stick with the topic of the thread, not see what negativity they can find in everything. I have been involved in the archery industry for years in many different ways with industry people. I do know you can't please everyone. I can only offer you what I can. If you like it, great. If you don't, great. We can still be joined together by the sport we love. Take a look at the new home page and email me what you think.