Out West Outfitters? >

Out West Outfitters?

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Out West Outfitters?

Old 02-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default Out West Outfitters?

A turkey hunter from Virginia, who is a guest on the forum from time to time, asked me to check this outfitter out for him. He is planning to book a 3 day hunt with them. It is run by DJ Parker out of Chewelah, WA. If anyone has any info about this operation, good, bad, or indifferent, please post it here, or you can shoot me an e-mail to pass along to the hunter. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:43 PM

Default RE: Out West Outfitters?

http://www.theofficenet.com/~parkerjd/ Slee, I haven' t been able to get a hold of them this year - I think it was Ken that I was in contact with last year. He donated a hunt to our chapter banquet... I emailed him askin' how things went, but didn' t hear back. When he did answer he was very down to earth and all. Also, last year he said if you showed you were a member of the NWTF he' d knock $100.00 off the price - don' t know if he is still willing to do that or not. Hope this helps
Old 02-27-2003, 08:04 PM
pup

Default RE: Out West Outfitters?

man if thats the guy i am thinking of he lives just down the road from me.. i have a friend who knows him pretty good i will ask her about them but from what i have heard they are pretty good at what they do..
Old 03-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Spike

Default Outwest Outfitters - Washington State

Regrding Outwest Outfitters in WA - Ken "DJ" Parker is one of the best guides in the state. I have hunted turkey, deer (whitetail & muley) and bear with DJ for 5 years, and have booked (2) turkey hunts with him again this spring. I bring business clients with me, and they are never disappointed. You will not find a guide anywhere that works harder. He and his family are "the Salt of the Earth", and I would highly recommend calling him if you're interested in a quality WA hunt. If you're lucky enough to draw a moose tag, he is your man.

If you're looking for a "high end" lodge and all the bells and whistles associated with that type of hunt, Outwest Outfitters is NOT for you. He lives in a rural setting and the accommodations are modest. The food (cooked by his wife Laura) is fantastic, and above all, DJ knows how to hunt the area, as he's been doing it all of his life.

DJ's phone number is: 509-258-6758