Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Alaska Thread >

Alaska Thread

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Alaska Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 12:52 AM

Default RE: Alaska Thread

Nim - Congrats on the moose draw! Nothing at all for me this time. Oh well, a lot of us bombed-out. Next year. . . .
Old 07-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Typical Buck

thanx phish, i would imagine you are slaying the kings and 'but down there by now. i hope to get out for 'but for 2-3 days next time home and maybe a couple days for deer
Old 07-22-2004, 10:03 AM
tm
Fork Horn

DELETED!!!
Old 07-24-2004, 12:27 AM

NIM - Yep, keeping pretty busy with the fillet knife on the weekends. Halibut mostly, but we switched to silver last weekend and did pretty well with them early in the day and then went off and anchored for the flat guys. The vacuum-packer has been getting a workout.

I see SE AK manuevering his skiff and stretch P/U around the neighborhood - looked like he was getting ready for another expedition this PM.

Deer season is getting here in a hurry - just a week left and fresh venison! No room in the freezer right now, but I will pack the rifle in the boat just in case I see a stag on the beach. LOL Once in awhile I see a buck in the beach grass but I haven't popped an August deer in years. (Could make for an interesting day's harvest - silvers, 'buts, and venison.)
Old 07-24-2004, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

PHISH- I HEAD OUT FOR HALIBUT FOR 3 DAYS TOMARROW HOPEFULLY GET OUT FOR KINGS TODAY
2 DAYS AGO GOT OUT FOR KINGS GOT A 30 POUNDER BUT RELEASED IT TO KEEP FISHING. MY DAUGHTER CAUGHT HER FIRST KING AND IT WAS 37 # IT WAS VERY TASTY BBQED LAST NIGHT.

GOOD LUCK ON GETTING THE DEER. I WAS HOPING TO GET OUT FOR THE OPENER ON THE FIRST BUT I THINK IT WOULD BE BEST TO GET STUFF DONE AROUNG THE HOUSE AND PACK FOR MY SHEEP HUNT ONCE THAT STARTS I WON'T GET MUCH DONE AROUND HERE.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:56 AM

congrats to your daughter on her nice King! And best of luck on both the halibut and the sheep. The honey-dos are really a pain aren't they - kind of get in the way of some of the fun we plan on!
Old 08-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

GOT BACK EARLY THIS AM FROM PWS - 12 HALIBUT, 5 YELLOW EYE, 3 COD,3 TURBUT AND A ? PERCH / ROCKFISH LOOKING THING. CALM SEAS AND BLUE SKIES. [8D]BIGGEST BUT WAS 53# REST WERE SMALL.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:48 AM

Nothing wrong with 53 lbs - the rest sound like good eating anyway! You gave the reels a workout and that's always a good indication of a fun time!

We did OK today on silvers, but bombed on the 'buts. Oh well, we missed the spot when we anchored, I was hoping the tide would push us back to the GPS mark once we threw out the anchor and scope. No dice. I will use better "windage" next time!
Old 08-03-2004, 01:30 AM
Typical Buck

50 POUNDERS ARE GREAT. I WISH THEY HAD ALL BEEN CLOSE TO THAT SIZE. ALWAYS FUN WHEN YOU MISS THE SPOT I SEEM TO NEVER DRIFT THE THE SAME PATH. I USUALLY DON'T ANCHOR WHEN FISHING.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:49 PM

thats hilarious.

Quick Reply: Alaska Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.