Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Wyoming Antelope area 23 & 26 >

Wyoming Antelope area 23 & 26

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Wyoming Antelope area 23 & 26

Old 02-27-2008, 08:48 PM

Default Wyoming Antelope area 23 & 26

These areas say Public access difficult. Is anybody familiar with any of these areas and how difficult is access? I really don't want to buy a bunch of maps to determine it wouldn't be worth going to one of these areas. Can anybody fill me in on how much public land is available in these areas? My son wants to hunt an antelope and the area we wanted to go has a 3% draw rate and these 2 areas didn't sell out of tags last year.
Thanks
Old 02-27-2008, 09:54 PM

Default RE: Wyoming Antelope area 23 & 26

Not too sure about 26, but 23 has a lot of private land and tons of methane development. Most of the methane roads that pass through public land are restricted to authorized vehicles only (they won't show up on any maps that you can get your hands on).
Old 02-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Spike

Default RE: Wyoming Antelope area 23 & 26

Hey there sinocs, my nephew and i bought left over tags in unit 23 last year. The blm land next to the powder river is really rough and we didn't have much luck finding goats in that area. I really didn'tgo very far south hunting the blm land because it wasso rough and we weren't finging that many goats..We ended up driving around hunting the little sections of state land scatteredthroughout the unit. We both killed nice goats. A coupe of times we just went up to farm houses and asked for permission. Everyone we asked gave us permission. So if you see goats next to a house don't hesitate to go ask, all they can say is no. As far as antelope goes they were freakin everywhere! I killed my goat on state land and my nephew killed his on a 100 acre field we got permission on. If you have any more questions Pm me.