HELP!!! - Archery in Montana Threatened >

HELP!!! - Archery in Montana Threatened

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

HELP!!! - Archery in Montana Threatened

Old 01-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: HELP!!! - Archery in Montana Threatened

I never said you should be on equal footing. You said the price is out of line. What I said is if you want to be on equal footing then move, otherwise quit sniveling. I watch NR hunters all the time show up in $50,000 trucks, towing $30,000 campers and $15,000 worth of ATV's and $3,000 worth of optics and laser ranger finders and then whine about a $643 cost of a license. Makes me laugh.

Tell me then why you would continue to come out here? Eithe A. you a glutten for punishment B. You have decided to spend your money on a hunt out west

I will pay what ever it takes to partake in hunting. If a hunt is out of my reach I just don't go. I cannot affort a $50,000 Marco Polo sheep hunt in Uzbekistan but I can afford a moose hunting trip to Canada.

I am not certain how you are figuring that Montana Resident would only spend $4,450,000 vs. $10,931,00

IF all 130,000 residents bought our Sportsman License without bear(Same license as your elk/deer combo)would come out to $9,100,000 (130,00x $70) pretty significant difference. In addition you missed the part where I said we should pay more. I want Montana residents to foot the bill that way we don't have depend on NR money to fund our access. I want more opportunity for the average Joe who want to come out and just hunt. You whine about what it costs yet support the entire system by continuing to pay what they are asking. What incentive does the FWP have for reducing the cost of NR license if people like you are willing and able to continue to pay the price.

You have yet to answer many questions and that is fine but if you want lower prices you should want to part of a solution rather then just sit back and b i t c h

Nemont

Old 01-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

LOL!! Nemont, how many times on how many forums have you tried explaining this?

I agree, they should just add $30 to all of our conservation licenses that every fisherman and hunter has to buy as a baseline. Then we could really tell the NR that whine to pound sand.

Another thing that more of these guys don't realize is how people sacrifice high paying jobs in other states to live in MT and hunt elk as a resident.

And finally, beech had a dang good point. Why complain about MT prices, look at the other western states, namely Utah, the 400 inch elk mecca. Good Luck drawing a tag there! Plus you are limited to one little hunting district in most other hunting states. You draw in MT you can go almost anywhere you want on more land open to the public than any other state. You have a chance at big quality bulls all over, from the Breaks to the Bob, whatever suits you best, however tough you want to be.

Gosh this argument gets old.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

I watch NR hunters all the time show up in $50,000 trucks, towing $30,000 campers and $15,000 worth of ATV's and $3,000 worth of optics and laser ranger finders and then whine about a $643 cost of a license. Makes me laugh.
LMAO, the vast majority of the nonresidents dont have any of that stuff and you know it, quit painting with such a large brush. My bow cost 300 bucks, my 2001 truck 16,000, etc, etc. The vast majority of us NR are commom men.

Tell me then why you would continue to come out here? Eithe A. you a glutten for punishment B. You have decided to spend your money on a hunt out west
Gheez do I really need to spell it out for ya, the western states have animals we dont, such as elk and mule deer.
am not certain how you are figuring that Montana Resident would only spend $4,450,000 vs. $10,931,00. IF all 130,000 residents bought our Sportsman License without bear(Same license as your elk/deer combo)would come out to $9,100,000 (130,00x $70) pretty significant difference
Wow, so us NR only foot 55 percent of the bill, nice, glad we could help ya out.

You have yet to answer many questions and that is fine but if you want lower prices you should want to part of a solution rather then just sit back and b i t c h
Answered them all.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

Why complain about MT prices, look at the other western states
Actually that goes for every western state, but since Nemont brought up MT, I figure Id pick on you guys lol.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Buckshot

LMAO, the vast majority of the nonresidents dont have any of that stuff and you know it, quit painting with such a large brush. My bow cost 300 bucks, my 2001 truck 16,000, etc, etc. The vast majority of us NR are commom men.
So you are the only one that gets to paint with a large brush? Most NR do show up with exactly those things. In addition if you are a common man then why are you willing to continue to support the status quo?

Gheez do I really need to spell it out for ya, the western states have animals we dont, such as elk and mule deer.
And that is the exact same thing the FWP thinks when they are setting the price of NR licenses. Again why should the cost be less then you are already willingly paying?

Wow, so us NR only foot 55 percent of the bill, nice, glad we could help ya out.
Yeah NR hunters do fund that amount of the bill. You said the only reason the hunting is as good as it is out west is because NR hunter grace us with their presence. I have not seen one NR hunter doing any habitat work here. I appreciate the NR hunters and do think that the price is too high but when ever I get to thinking I should feel bad for what the state of Montana is charging NR to hunt, another NR spouts off how much they have to pay to hunt and whine about while the whole time supporting the cost by paying the price willingly. Then I realize NR hunters in Montana have nobody to blame for the situation but themselves.

Nemont

Old 01-17-2008, 05:21 AM
Typical Buck

Then I realize NR hunters in Montana have nobody to blame for the situation but themselves.
So do I, if we all got together and boycotted for a year, that would make a statement, but thats not not ever gonna happen.

Im obviously not going to change your mind and your not going to change my, so Im gonna agree to disagree.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

This arguement is getting old. I disagree with Buckshot as whining on here and itwont change a thing, but its a free country to voicehis opinion. Montana (or any other western state)will not change the fee's for a non resident. Basic rules of supply and demand, there are MORE than enough non residents willing to pay the fees. Why lower them?? Be a stupid buissness move if they did, even if they raised the residentfee's. Why would they lower the non residents if they are more than willing to pay it. What the deal, why dont you just move to Montana if this subject such a big deal to you? Penn. must have something you like more than our wildlife that Montana has to offer to keep you in Penn??I sure do like one thing. Every spring I head into the local sporting goods store. BuyALL my hunting lic and tags and buy acouple chances now for the super tags, the price just makes me smile for what Im getting.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

What the deal, why dont you just move to Montana if this subject such a big deal to you? Penn. must have something you like more than our wildlife that Montana has to offer to keep you in Penn??
Yeah my wife, havent been able to convince her to move ugh.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:36 PM

What Buckshot doesn't seem to get, is that it is a simple matter of supply and demand, nothing more, nothing less. Montana has what many want, to get it, you have to pay. Iowa NR tags are cheaper, of coarse, we have elk and they have deer. The truth is, to many people, 643 bucks is pocket change and a bargain for all the Montana has to offer. I can't afford to fly to Paris, doersn't mean I should whine to the airlines about how others can. In fact, the big dollars required to hunt can be traced right back to the eastern hunters.They commercialized hunting, created videos, bought leases, installed management programs and prositituted the sport to begin with, now the chickens have come home to roost, too bad for the NR hunters.So BS, if you think your dollars are so valuable, stay your arse home and we will see if we can get by w/o you here.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to give my .02-cents.

I became a Wyoming resident two years ago. Before that I was a Montana resident. I am speaking from what I have saw in the past.

I still apply for a non-resident whitetail doe tag, so I can continue to hunt with my father. I am happy to pay the extra fee to carry on the hunting tradition. I also just give my father the deer for his freezer. We are not trophy hunters.

Montana is trying to keep the Missouri river breaks a trophy elk area. I support them 100%!
I like the way Montana Fish Wildlife & Parks has handled antelope tags the past few years. I used to huntunit-560. I liked the way theycontrolled hunter numbers, butallowed more tags forlicense holders.
This does two things:
1) Fewer hunters = a better quality hunt.
2) More tags in a huners pocket to help controlanimal population & puts more meat in your freezer.

Montana a few years back started making you put in for the 410-unit tag as your first & only choice. They did this because too many hunters were putting in for it as there secondor third choice.The 410-unit wasused as a back-uppermit, if you did not draw aGardiner late season bull tag or a "Breaks" rifle permit for bull elk. Thisallowed archeryhunters to hunt trophy bull elk every year.

Iwould like to see Montana manage some areas as "trophy areas". This would require them to make some areas limited entry hunts.

The way I see it isif they make the 410-unit a trophy permit? The only one that will suffer a loss is the true localarchery hunter resident.When I say true local resident, I mean the people that live in thathunt area. NOT the people from Billings, Bozeman, Polson, Big Sky or Missoula.
This will also provideevery hunter a less crowded better quality hunt.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! - Archery in Montana Threatened

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.