Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND??? >

ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

Old 08-27-2004, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

Pac, howdy, been waiting for a game update. Is that the bear your gonna get your daughter onto. Whats the temp up there.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:37 AM

The bear i saw last night is a diff one. Temp has been around 70 maybe a little more but it's do able now. Saw a nice choc. bear Wed. just past the Boulder creek campground. Also had a nice 3x4 mulie walk across the road infront of my right at the Leroy Cr. turn off on the east Chewuch road last sunday evening.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:40 AM

Oh forgot this little bit of sighting. Thurs. I walk out onto the porch and looked down on the county road and saw a flock of 11 merriam turkeys walking up the road. Thats new hope they stick around.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

There was a bear hanging out around the bridge up the road from boulder. Again, thanks for the updates. Like hearing about all the animal sightings. Im gonna check out that leroy creek this year, see what its like. Have you been back to E.C lately.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:44 AM
Fork Horn

Pac, cool, have you ever hunted turks before, they are a blast. Speaking of turkeys, you know where other flocks are up there. You ever see them in all your driving around. We hunted loup loup one year for turks, saw some tracks in the snow but no birds.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:04 AM

I was E.C. last night saw one 4x4 that I had not seen before, still seeing the same other deer that I already told you about. Also I saw 7 bucks..1 4x4, 3 3x3s and the others were forked horns in B.B. ranch which is F&W land, that is south of E.C.
I turkey hunt every yr. Have been since 89. But as far as where hmmm thats a secret
But you were in the right area just need to look in the ski area
Old 08-27-2004, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

Not sur where B.B ranch is. Is it off twisp river or am i totally off base. I got a DNR map and according to it, if your driving towards twisp river most of the land on the left side as your getting closer to twisp river from the road and up in behind mocasin lake is public land. Do you hunt the local turks up there or go somewhere else and hunt.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:32 AM

LOL well since I don't hunt there anymore...BB ranch is Big Buck ranch it's off Frost rd. which is about 4 mile before you get to E.C. off Twisp river rd.
I hunt turkeys about a 30 min drive from my house then another 20 min drive up a FS rd east of me.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

Isnt it nice being able to hunt that close to home, I have a good spot by my house to, about 20 ride in the truck then 20 minute ride on the four wheeler. Then i usually go to goldendale which is about hour 15 minutes. Ill have to look up BB ranch.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:38 AM

Next time you talk to Bob G. ask him he knows where the Big Buck ranch is. Yeah I hope we start getting more turkeys close to the house.

Quick Reply: ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.