Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND??? >

ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

Old 03-25-2004, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

Welcome trigger313 and stick flinger ....Stick around....this forum will really start getting busy now that another hunting season is near..
Old 03-25-2004, 06:01 PM

Welcome trigger313 and stick flinger. This place has a bunch of good knowledgeable hunters from around the state. Right now alot of us have the "turkey" fever and are gettin ready for Apr 15.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:57 PM

Welcome to both of ya, and with a year like that looks like I'm ready to learn something from Trigger 313. Man congrats on a FULL slate[8D]
Old 03-26-2004, 01:28 AM

thanks for the welcome! yea i'm also gettin ready to go turkey huntin also, this will be my second season doin it here. any good places you folks would like to share where a guy could get a chance at a longbeard in this state? last year went to colville and did'nt see to many birds.always willin to try new places livin on the west side makes it hard to go scout the east side.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:52 PM

Hey stick, I'd stick to where you were at. Out of 3500-or so birds taken every year, the area you hunted takes about 3000. Work around Colville right in Turkey heaven for this state. If you want to try new areas try http://www.tacomanwtf.com. get on their forum. You can get some guys to point you in other areas.But most will tell you start at Colville and then spread out.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:58 PM

yea i think your right we'll start in colville around the pend oreille refuse, then we might head over to kettle falls or republic and try our luck there.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

stick flinger...your gonna find the pend oreille refuse heavely hunted....anywhere in the Kettle area around the river you'll find bird's...but it's mostly private land....so ya might want to do some door knocking. The Republic area has lot less hunter's...but also less bird's....but still plenty to hunt..
Old 03-29-2004, 01:33 PM

Thanks Fellas for the welcome,
I have just returned from the Elf Sight I had taken My Bull last year and I was doing some head counting on calfs and WOW it is looking great for the future hunters of that area. Any way Lets talk turkey,, I have hunted the coville area Lot and I have found some really nice Roosts this year and then I headed down to klicatat and shocked some more in to giving up the roosts and I have to tell ya this about this area dont take a dog down there for a campanion because We and the girlfriend did and even with the collors and shot pur dog came back cover in tics it seems that they have adapted to the stuff that is supposed to keep em off of them. LONG NIGHT YUP.. I just landed somr permission to hunt some property in hunters down by spokan and we are headed there for the week tomarrow to do amome head counting it seems that the land owners have wintered 3,000 birds and form what they told me they have not gone to far yet and it is looking great for this year on the east side By the way west side turkey hunting ???? i have fond a few places down around Matlock that have birds but there are verry few so i went to raymond and Labam and talk to some land owners there and they tell me that they see em all the time there So Thatts Way cool!!! So yall there is just a few Places for ya to check out!! Bye the way I am still looking for the Hot Bear spot other then Forkes LOLto many dog runners there right now. It good to be in a form that loves to HUNT Thats for the welcome Trigger
Old 03-29-2004, 02:03 PM

Yeah trigger, it's better to get the foot work done for private property now instead of the last minute. That way if you can trade some work for hunting their property you have time.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys know if they have many turkeys around Lake Bonaparte? We've deer hunted that area the last 10 years but never seen turkey sign. I suspect they're in that area though and since I know the area might be willing to look for birds if I can't find any locally.

Quick Reply: ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.