Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND??? >

ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

Old 09-16-2003, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

First, welcome aboard! We are practically neighbors. I live in South Hill. Anyway, you don' t have to choose where you hunt with deer. That only applies to elk, either east or west side tag. The only choice you have to make for deer is weapon selection. Don' t give WDFW any ideas, they have enough restrictions on us now. Just pay attention to antler restrictions for the unit you do hunt. Good luck. What weapon do you use?
Old 09-16-2003, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well.....back home early....freezer' s full of Elk, and Salmon. Great trip.....had some great hunt' s, lot' s of friendship, and awesome memories. All of you trophy hunter' s don' t need to ask me how big.....cus with Elk....I' m purly meat hunter. Time to fill my deer and bear tag now.......so I won' t have anything holding me back as soon as waterfowl season open' s... Hope everyone is...or gonna have.....some great hunt' s
Old 09-17-2003, 04:08 PM

Well thank you for the welcome and yes we are practically neighbors! LOL, anyhow thank you also for clearing that up... My dad is going to be going over to Eastern to hunt somewhere and asked if I wanted to go with him but then my friend told me I had to either go West or East and I kinda got torn between going with " daddy" or " the gang" ... So that makes me feel better about going both... If I dont bag a deer with my father I can always go out to the spots I know about... Where do yall hunt at around here? Anyone familiar with the Mossy Rock, Winston Creek area? Oh Im going to be using a 30-06... Either that or I might borrow a 308 from a friend, havent decided yet... any tips? Ive shot both and am comfortable with the kick and the power of both... Also both rifles have a scope on them to make for easier identification, placement and ect... Anyhow thanks for the info!!!
Old 09-18-2003, 01:13 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like you' ve got a good plan for the season. Don' t leave out dad. I hope I can convince my 7 year old to tag along when she gets old enough. She told me the other day that she could go and watch the animals, but she couldn' t kill them. That' ll be her choice, but she' ll at least have the opportunity. She' ll have to fight her younger brothers to get the chance to tag along though. They are gonna be die-hard, just like their daddy.

I kicked around in the Winston Creek unit during early archery for elk a couple of seasons ago. Way too crowded for me. I did take a song dog one morning in there with an ' 06 while elk scouting/bear hunting. I think either gun is plenty of firepower for deer. I' d pick the one that you' re most familiar with. There' s nothing I hate worse than using a strange gun, and having to look for bells and whistles on it when I get ready to hunt. Good luck.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:44 PM

Just joined, I will be here alot, hope to meet some of you afield someday.
Old 09-25-2003, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome ELK101 ....this thread will get busyer.....so stick around...Tell us about yourself..!!
Old 09-29-2003, 11:44 AM

Hey everyone, been awhile since I have been in here. Trying to catch up on all that is going on. Looks like there is some new members, Welcome all!!

Anyway, just getting ready for the upcoming hunts, and working way too much.

I am interested in how the archery hunters did in the Winston unit. Don' t have to give out where but there were some nice bulls in there and as I understand, a few taken during the fisrt season. I had a nice bull scouted out down there but havent been able to find him again.

I am praying for rain and cold weather to bring the birds down here. Last year wasn' t the best it has been. Anyone hunting on Ft. Lewis for ducks, e-mail me, I am out there quite a bit and always looking for some one to hunt with.

Anyway, I will try to keep up with the board and hope everyone has a safe a productive hunt.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:53 PM

I live to hunt and work to live, na, really I enjoy life. Fishing is a pretty nice past time when not in the field. I am relatively new to hunting, about 6 years now but I can' t imagine doing anything else with my time than spending it with good friends, family and the animals. I live in Mukilteo Washington, have been here for about 3 years now and absolutely love it. I use to live in Spokane, nice over there too, but I got married recently and moved over to the west side of the state.
I Hunt elk in the Yakima area, muzzleloader season, I haven' t hunted deer on the west side yet but I hear there are a lot of black tails over here. Was lucky enough to get drawn for a cow tag in the nile unit for this year. It starts in 4 days and I can' t hardly sleep because I' m so worked up. Should be a fun hunt. 3 point mule deer in the same unit and the same time, should be even more fun.
I' ll check back in before I leave. Looks like there are alot of people from Washington here. Can' t waite to meet some of you.

Later and happy huntin
Dave
Old 10-01-2003, 01:30 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome aboard! I' ll be trying to fill my Taneum cow tag this weekend, and hopefully a 3pt or better mulie too. I' ll roll out of town Friday afternoon, and head up to meet up with my buddies and get camp settled. I' ll be heading back on Monday, unless I have to bring meat back sooner. I know what you mean about hardly sleeping. I' ve been packing gear for 2 days now, and I know I' m gonna leave something behind. I guess as long as I have my tag, gun, and loads, I' m good to go. Good luck.[:-]
Old 10-02-2003, 11:38 PM

Hi guys! New to this site, been spending alot of time at hunt talk. Well the hunting season is wide open. Been spending alot of time trying to find my bear this year.. so far not good. Silver fishing, Pheasant. Got the deeks in the mail the other day to kick off duck. Deer next weekend. and Elk at the end of oct.... Well I think I can squeez in a day or two of work.... Nah.

Hey Slee have you seen any bear sign up Taneum? I was up there 4 weeks ago, Lots of what your after... But I saw no bear.... how about you?

Ps anyone know how to put your location in the bottom left below your name? I live in Everett

Quick Reply: ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.