any R.I.F.L.E. HUNTERS ??? >

any R.I.F.L.E. HUNTERS ???

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

any R.I.F.L.E. HUNTERS ???

Old 09-25-2007, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: any R.I.F.L.E. HUNTERS ???

ORIGINAL: camelcluch

You know I have no problem with the rifle. I do enjoy a bow hunt but I will never so no to using my rifle.
You was the best spotter I ever had. Sorry I missed so many antelopes cause my scope was off.That will NOT ever happen again.

Wife and Ilove bowhunting too, just think bowhunters are a pain in the(well frankly everywhere). After Oct I'll be setting up her bow so she can practice in yard here. We can shoot 40 yards just back of the house( or 247yrds if the neighbors dont mind). If she shoots as good with it as with her 30-06 (many many sub-1" groups at 105yrds)she otto do really well.

Iemailed ya.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm right there with ya. I'm a rifle nut through and through. I love my Tikka, it's my favorite firearm and I'm happy talking about anything that is related to it's proper and intended use. Reloading, scopes, bullets, brass, primers, shooting sticks, slings, anything rifle related, you've found my magic button. I'm not a pro, never been to a competition, I'm just an enthusiast that loves to feel the punch of my 7mm RM and the smell of freshly burnt powder.

PM me, email me, or whatever, I'm happy talking anything to do with ~3,000 fps projectiles!
Old 09-27-2007, 10:04 AM
DGH

I am almost as far west as you can go And I am an avid rifle hunter. Blacktail, pigs, varmits, and targets - hello from West Central CA - drop me a line if you ever come this way, if nothing else, I can give you pointers on sighting in your rifles - believe me, a 100 yard zero will leave you frustrated! Oh, I do have two bows, but they are used strictly for hogs.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

oneBigElk - 30.06 with 165 grain Nolser Partition Spire Point bulletwill work fine. If you are in dark timber you may want to go to 180s. There are some other premium ammo that will work equally as well if your rifle likes them. Nolser AccuBondswill also work good on elk and should be a little cheaper.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya, I used to keep a 22 in the truck until it was stolen while parked in my driveway. I've shot a few grouse with my rifle but only on rare occasion.

Most of the time I try to use the ol' 12gauge though..
Old 10-09-2007, 05:27 PM

Go rifles!!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 06:06 PM

I hunt exclusively with a rifle (other than birds). I don't know anyone who bowhunts so I never got intoit. Anyone who says rifle hunting is not a challenge hasn't hunted fair chase out west where game animals are notrunning rampant likevarnmits.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:25 PM

Rifle here, but I do bow hunt. I prefer rifle, easiest elk I have ever killed were with a bow, same for deer. If i had to choose, it would be my rifle.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:13 PM

I'm a gun hunter, any type of gun I have to say. Give me a PM I'll talk with ya

Hopefully in the near future I'll be shooting High Power Rifle Competition with my New M1A
Old 10-17-2007, 09:31 PM

I'm looking for someone to go elk hunting with this year

Quick Reply: any R.I.F.L.E. HUNTERS ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.