Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Oregon hunters wanted >

Oregon hunters wanted

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Oregon hunters wanted

Old 10-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Oregon hunters wanted against trashers

jumped a doe up stringer gap sunday , saw two fawns and a doe friday morn same place. saw a small spike maybe one side forked and a doe that teased me last sunday up spencer [:@]no bucks .
Old 11-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

Glad to hear from all. I got spanked still trying for a bear, how ever, wish me luck. I am a full on amatuer at bear hunting, I saw some and found out they can haul butt ,saw very large turds , been trying to use a rabbit distress call but I gotta say I am at loss. saw a big one come up outta a trail last year, thought I jumped a buck but to my suprise this bear come across the trail stops and looks at me, had no tag so I just hooted and waved my arms he took off hootin down the trail my son said I sounded like a monkey well anyhow got till dec 31 saw a big sow and cub the last day of deer season same area just before I got my buck, last year.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fellas,
I don't know much about the hunting in Oregon but would like to. I flew in to Portland tonight to meet with some managers here and in Eugene about possibly moving up here. I will be heading to Eugene Monday afternoon and hope to drive around and check out the area Monday and Tuesday before I head back to NM. Any thoughts on what areas to drive around in the Eugene area so I can get a feel for the area and see what area I may want to consider purchasing a house in? I prefer something in the country with a little acreage and trees. Thanks in advance for any info provided. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

Not real familiar with eugene area but Im sure its got some good hunting. Im about 150 miles south of there I would say go to the south and or east of town to find rural areas go to a sportings good store and get the hunting synopsis and it may help you out good luck. I have family in the farmington area of New Mexico my brother got an Oryx this year.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Brush Buster.....I have a tag for December....in the applegate unit where I (and you) live......I have most the areas where i am gonna hunt all planned out but do you have any suggestions?? I am gonna try spencer creek IF it isnt loaded with kids playin in the snow.....but i could probly just go up a different fork i guess......anyway do you have any suggestions of places in the applegate unit to try???

thanks
Old 11-22-2007, 08:46 AM

ORIGINAL: brush buster

Hey hope you all are having good hunt's , kinda want to ask If you have people trashing your hunting areas ? Like stolen cars ,home trash , dumping appliances etc.. ?
elk camp the day after labor day.....we went home and left our camp set up...we never hunt on labor day....to many yahoo's in the woods....well the yahoo's burnt our camp to the ground....3 tents and our out house....

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u301/kirkll/Hunting%20pics/DSCN2211-1.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u301/kirkll/Hunting%20pics/DSCN2210-1.jpg
Old 11-22-2007, 08:51 AM

That was the first time though in 17 years of campimg in the same spot on the coast.....i think we obviously pissed someone off....Kirk
Old 11-26-2007, 12:27 AM
Fork Horn

dang kirkll, that is some sad news I am at aloss as to why anyone would do that . I hope you are not totally discouraged by this action I think we as responsible hunters should start a organization to battle this kind of conduct by people who are sad individuals. send me a PM If you are interested at the least I want to start a group to haul the trash out of our hunting lands before we get gated out. I am seriuos about this.[>:]
Old 11-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Fork Horn

Oh yah check this out my season is over but I get home from work yesterday and this fat spike deer is under my apple tree right where I park he just stands there (I grab my little headlight set up that I keep in my lunch boxI use it at work for welding and working under semi trailers) Any how he just stands there and stares at me so I get out and start to creep towards him hedoe not move till I am like 5 feet from him then he creeps off he gets out in the light of my yard light and I see he is a big spike then he trots off I pitch a apple at him almost hitting him in the butt then he books wow what a rush hope he brings his daddy back next year
Old 12-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Oregon hunters wanted

Okay hope I don't look like a loser reply to my own post but any late year hunting stories??? I'm going bear hunting tomarrow one week left..

GET YOUR HUNT ON !!!

Quick Reply: Oregon hunters wanted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.