Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

AZ and guns

Old 08-19-2007, 05:59 PM

Default AZ and guns

Recently heard that AZ is allowing bow hunters to carry small (non hunting cal.) calliber handguns while hunting for self protection from the illegal alliens, the coyotays (not the dogs) and thedrug runners coming acrossed the borders from Mexico. Anyone know anything about this?

Been out of state for a couple years with the Army and havent caught upon all the changes yet
Old 08-20-2007, 02:15 AM

Default RE: AZ and guns

I haven't heard that, but I think it's a good idea for anyone hunting south of I-10. I carry a concealed weapon at all times, so I guess it wouldn't make much difference to me. I'll look into it, should be something posted on the AZGFD website if it's true.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:46 PM

Talked to AZ Game and Fish today and found out this a directive for there dept and that they dont know if it will be honored by other law enforcement Deptments at this time. Thats Interesting
Old 08-22-2007, 12:03 AM

The only things that came up when I did a search of the AZGFD web site was where it had been brought up at public hearings for tag allotments and quotas. All they really said about it was that they thought the idea had merit, but it should be brought up to someone else/some other time. It is completely legal to carry a sidarm any time you want in AZ as long as it is exposed, but not sure of the status requirements (loaded, unloaded, one in the chamber, etc...). The exceptions are schools, federal buildings (post office, etc...), and any business that posts a request on their front entrance prohibiting them, such as costco, which is why I don't have a membership there. Even if it weren't the case, I'm sure any enforcement officer would have to common sense to let you slide if you were hunting in any of the units south of I-10 and I-8 unless you were doing something else that broke the law. I'll keep looking into it. Just curious, did you call the headquarters, or happen to run into an officer somewhere?
Old 08-22-2007, 08:21 PM

I called the main Office
Old 08-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im gonna look into this, they need to allow it. I carry my 45 anyway
Old 09-02-2007, 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: HighDesertWolf

Im gonna look into this, they need to allow it. I carry my 45 anyway
I Dont blame you, I carry one also. To many nuts out there not to
Old 09-02-2007, 04:35 PM

I carry my .44 mag. when I'm bow hunting. If the game and fish comes up it is for self def. AZ law right to bare arms. I'm not hunting with it, so no law is broken.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:13 PM

I agree but untill now G & F didnt. Friend of mine got a $1000 for a small 9MM for self def.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:47 PM

When we hunt for javelina and whitetail down in 35 we have no choice but to carry a handgun with you. You'd be stupid not to!!!

Quick Reply: AZ and guns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.