Question about ATV use in WY >

Question about ATV use in WY

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Question about ATV use in WY

Old 07-27-2007, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question about ATV use in WY

I thought regioon R included that area. I have not looked at it for a long time though I guess.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Spike

u could also call ur local game warden in the casper area and get some info

Old 07-29-2007, 11:02 PM

Well I didn't make it up onto the mountain this weekend. I got a last minute invitation to go down to Frontier Days that I couldn't pass up. Sorry NJheadhunter.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

I personally have had it with all the atvs on public land...Here in WI they dont stay on the marked trails and in the county land they have steel bars across the roads that are marked for walking only and they go around the cross bars and tear everything up plus there are alot of people that use that land for bowhunting and since atvs arent allowed on these forest roads they(including myself) go off of them for bowhunting and then there hunt gets ruined by atvs and such....I dont believe that unless handycapped a person should be able to go even 1 foot onto public land unless marked for atv travel...People have gotten entierly to lazy these days...Thats why I have chosen some of the walk in areas for antlope, because it limits the people hunting and people arent supposed to use atvs in these areas..I own a 4 wheeler so dont think I am bashing atvists because I am not, I go riding every year with a bunch of guys and actually got into a fisticuffs with a guy in norther wisconsin last year because he was doing exactly what I have just been bitching about and he just laughed when I told him what I thought about it...Just as I have said here just in not as nice of terms...PLEASE respect other people and their decision not to use atvs and stay on the atv trails and off walk in only areas no matter what state you are in...Sorry to go off on this thread about something totaly different...Wont happen again just had to say my peace and i'm gone...
Old 08-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

pyclub1, I totaly understand what you are saying. I had a couple of hunting club membersthat would drive thier ATV's up the mountian before daybreakevery opening day of gun season. They would scare all the deer from thier beds and then wonder why the adjacent properts owners would see so many deer! I most likely won't even take it off the truck unless
A. it can get me closer to the area I want to walk into away from people.
B. be able to assist in gettinggame back to the truck.
C. help in emergency situations like truck breaking down in the middle of nowwhere or if an injury occurs and I need to get someone back in a hurry.
A couple of years ago I was hunting in the Adirondak's and shot a buck, not a huge buck but not that small either. I drug it to an old narrow road that was very small and washed out. I thenquartered it and carried back to the truck. It was a 2 mile walk and whenI reached the pickup 2 hours later Iwas exhusted! I can't even fathom what it would be like to shoot a 300 pound mulie and have to go say 5 miles through canyons and streams and draws!
Old 08-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

I wouldnt want to do a drag on a big one either...I was in no way critisizing you or anything like that..Like I said I too have a weeler, sportsman 500 and I use it alot for goose hunting and bear baiting and all that...I was just venting a little at your expense since you started the post..I appologize if I offended you...I hope you have good luck and hope to hear from you with great success...I hope everyone that ownesa atv learns a little respect and goes by the rules a little more often...Good luck out west...We are going out on sept 29th for a week after antelope in wyoming also..We will be in the buffalo area...Take care and steady hands
pyclub1
Old 08-25-2007, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would talk with blm for sure. If you get caught off road, it is a min 280.00 fine and up to 5,000.00 ,depending on the judges decision and it is a misdimeanor. State authorities have no jurisdiction over blm lands so the ticket will have to come from a ranger. But the fish cop can blow the wistle on you. We had a mocho fish and game cop running around trying to enforce blm laws with several antelope hunters this year. He didn't get very far with his enforcing. To show you how critical he was, he was harassing a fellow hunter for pulling 10 feet off the road and covering his atv before walking to his waterhole. Give me a break. What was he supposed to do, leave his bike in the road????? I am with others here on ATV use. I use it to get to my antelope area across the rocky desert, and will use it to haul bear bait. Other than that, it sits in the garage...Kudos to the starting post, you are doing your homework!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:50 AM
usa
Fork Horn

When you order your Wyo atv permit they will send you maps of the off road trails for the entire state, order from wyo trails
Old 09-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: pyclub1

I personally have had it with all the atvs on public land...Here in WI they dont stay on the marked trails and in the county land they have steel bars across the roads that are marked for walking only and they go around the cross bars and tear everything up plus there are alot of people that use that land for bowhunting and since atvs arent allowed on these forest roads they(including myself) go off of them for bowhunting and then there hunt gets ruined by atvs and such....I dont believe that unless handycapped a person should be able to go even 1 foot onto public land unless marked for atv travel...People have gotten entierly to lazy these days...Thats why I have chosen some of the walk in areas for antlope, because it limits the people hunting and people arent supposed to use atvs in these areas..I own a 4 wheeler so dont think I am bashing atvists because I am not, I go riding every year with a bunch of guys and actually got into a fisticuffs with a guy in norther wisconsin last year because he was doing exactly what I have just been bitching about and he just laughed when I told him what I thought about it...Just as I have said here just in not as nice of terms...PLEASE respect other people and their decision not to use atvs and stay on the atv trails and off walk in only areas no matter what state you are in...Sorry to go off on this thread about something totaly different...Wont happen again just had to say my peace and i'm gone...
My sentiments exactly.