Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 WA permit results are up......kinda >

WA permit results are up......kinda

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

WA permit results are up......kinda

Old 07-14-2007, 11:49 AM

Default WA permit results are up......kinda

You can see if you were selected or not, but not which GMU yet.

https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhunt

Got Margaret or Toutle bull.......zilch on everything else.

Good luck.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:54 PM

Default RE: WA permit results are up......kinda

Hey, thanks for the heads. Results suck, but that's what I expected.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I was feeling optimistic until I seen the results. Big Negative on all counts [:'(]. I guess try again next year . G L. all

Old 07-14-2007, 08:04 PM

I meant to say thanks for the heads-up.

We didn't put in for elk. My son got a youth deer permit, but I doubt if it was the one I wanted him to get. No moose, big surprise there, huh?

My brother is a disabled hunter. This was his 5th year without drawing an elk and 4th year for moose. Guess we ain't livin right.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the information. I just looked and I got a doe tag and elk tag. either cow or branched antler elk tag. The new Remington 700xcr 270wsm might have some game under it belt this year.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:35 PM

Could a redraw be in the future? Sounds like the draw is all messed up.
Here are a couple threads.

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?topic=912.0

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?topic=936.msg8511#msg8511

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?topic=937.msg8521#msg8521
Old 07-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

[:@]That just make a person sick. Get all worked up and hear this.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:48 PM

I told a buddy that I work with about all this earlier this morning. He looked his up at about 9:00 a.m. and it showed "Not Selected" for all his picks. He called me back about 15 minutes ago, 11:30 a.m. and he had just pulled it back up "Not Drawn Yet". I can't look mine up, I don't have my Wild ID # on me.

Looks like a do over. Sure do feel sorry for guys like you 700xcr, but if things happened like I have read, there is no alternative to a redraw.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:40 PM

July 18, 2007

Results of special-hunt drawing delayed

The results of the drawing for 2007 special hunting permits are not available at this time, due to technical difficulties with the Department of Fish and Wildlife’s (WDFW) computerized licensing system.
WDFW will post the results on this website and contact successful applicants as soon as the drawing is completed and the results are verified.
A test drawing, conducted July 14, was never verified, because WDFW found that its licensing system failed to include bonus points for many applicants. WDFW is working with Outdoor Central, its licensing system vendor, to correct that problem before conducting a final drawing.
“Fairness is the key issue here,” said Larry Peck, WDFW deputy director. “We need to make sure everyone gets all the bonus points coming to them. This is a two-step process: The drawing is not official until the results have been verified.”
Once that occurs, the department will immediately phone about 320 applicants for special hunts beginning Aug. 1 with the results, Peck said. Other applicants will be notified by mail, as described in WDFW’s Big Game Hunting Rules pamphlet.

This just appeared on the WDFW website.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:27 PM

A test drawing, conducted July 14, was never verified, because WDFW found that its licensing system failed to include bonus points for many applicants. WDFW is working with Outdoor Central, its licensing system vendor, to correct that problem before conducting a final drawing.
Test drawing, yea right. Why don't they just say the truth, "We screwed up and posted some results before they were verified."

Reminds me:
Last year my brother read some info on the WDFW site about a disabled hunter hunt at Mt. St. Helens.He drove all the way there,just to find outyou had to have a written permit. There were LOTS of other disabled hunters there also that just had toturn around and drive home. The info was very unclear and in fact was misleading. They LATER revised the statement, but failed to point out that it was revised. The statement still had the date from the original statement. The guy was covering his rear and I imagine he got away with it.

All I can say, is I am glad I am not the one that has to answer their phone in the upcoming days. Unfortunately, the person responsible probably doesn't have to answer the phone either.

Quick Reply: WA permit results are up......kinda

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.