Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Wyoming speedgoat units? >

Wyoming speedgoat units?

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Wyoming speedgoat units?

Old 03-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wyoming speedgoat units?

If I don't draw an Idaho lope tag I think I'll try my luck in Wyoming. I've heard there is good hunting close to the Idaho borderaround units 99 and 98. Any good? Are these units over-the-counter for non-res or draw? Weapon restictions? Am I too late already? I'd look on the Wyoming site myself, but my computer keeps freezin when I enter the site. Maybe it's a sign
Any and all help would be appreciated. Brett
Old 03-13-2007, 03:57 PM

Default RE: Wyoming speedgoat units?

I don't know if the area is any good, ive never been there. I can tell you thatall WY antelope tags are drawings,unless you buy a leftover. The apps are due thursday! You can apply online this year too. There is a second chance drawing in july, so you could see if there are any tags left for those units and try then if you dont make the deadline now. Check out www.huntodds.com if you cant get into WY game and fish. They have drawing odds for some western states.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:27 PM

I think the numbers are good but they are not trophy units. eastern wyoming has the big goats. draw odds are better in western wyoming, 90% i think, and i also think if you don't draw one year, you'll most definitely draw the next year.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:28 PM

I think you have it backwards jackelope. The big goats are in SW Wy. Eastern WY has the better draw odds. Many places are 100%. If it is in SW wyoming, it will be tough to get a tag.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:00 PM

you're right, i'm backasswards....i'm just starting to look into a 2008 hunt there.