Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Eastern WA turkey hunters >

Eastern WA turkey hunters

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Eastern WA turkey hunters

Old 03-07-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Eastern WA turkey hunters

Have you been out scouting yet? Where are you going to hunt this spring?
Old 03-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Spike

Default RE: Eastern WA turkey hunters

I'll be hunting around the Kettle Falls area this year. I have hunted near Colville the past few years with moderate success. There's birds everywhere around here though. Good luck.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

No scouting yet, still a lot of snow in the hills north of Spokane. I have a vendetta with one ole bird up there, the past two years in a row I've gone in in the morning before light and either set up within 30 feet of the roost tree and got busted or last year walking in under full moon and got too close to the roost and the gobbler flew off before light. Of course when he flies away across the canyon he has to taunt me with gobbel after gobbel.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Ill be hunting the grey back unit east klikitat to be exzact
Old 03-09-2007, 10:05 PM

We are going to the Blue's in the morning. Klickitat county is on my radar. I considered going to Colville but it is long drive from WW.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:54 PM

saw some birds in the blues a couple weeks ago. first headed to colville, then to the blues and hopefully may waste a day or 2 in western wa.
wa. slam anyone....???

Old 03-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

Get ready to reach into your pockets!! Was just looking at the new Turkey pamplet yesterday and good ole Washington State, the tax and spend State, has a new way to take money out of our pockets. Used to be if you purchased a Small Game Hunting License it came with one Turkey tag. Not this year, you buy the Small Game License and then pay again for the Turkey tag to go with it. As an out of state hunter my cost has about doubled, last year the three day non resident small game tag with turkey tag was around $56.00, this year the total for license and tag comes to $98.55!!! Extra turkey tags are $65.70 each.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

Im gonna try and head into my spot here in yakima this weekend and check things out. See how much snow is out there.

Goatbrother, buying the tag on the side is a good thing. That way it takes every tom, dick and harry who gets a tag from the small game licencse out of the woods that just go hunting cause they have the tag. They dont take the time to learn how to hunt turkey so they just go and walk through the woods making every call they can. Theyve been trying to do this for a couple years now through surveys.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

It was just a suprise to me because it has doubled the cost of license and tag. Guess they have to pay for those new trucks somehow.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:58 PM

goatbrother

My guess is that ole bird will outsmart you again this year.

And, I know my state aint perfect, but you CAN come here and use your inline to hunt with!!!

Quick Reply: Eastern WA turkey hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.