Heading to MT and have a couple questions >

Heading to MT and have a couple questions

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Heading to MT and have a couple questions

Old 01-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Heading to MT and have a couple questions

MT, thats better news. I was kind of sweating it when someone said a 20% chance. I noticed on the application you have the option of applying for points when you submit. I'll do this for sure.

Thanks again for the advice and input MT, its greatly appreciated.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

I didn't say they were behind every tree. Just because you haven't seen one, doesn't mean they are not there. I have a friend in Condon that had one on his back porch.
If you had read the original post he say's Seeley Lake. Not the surrounding area. I had a leased Cabin for 5 years down from the Boy Scout camp and have hunted and scouted this place hard.
We have been all around the lake in all the seasons and again have never seen Grizzly sign.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:18 PM

Well Bob, I just assumed he would not be hunting INSeeley Lake
but would in fact be hunting in the surrounding area. And that
is "where da bears live".

Good Luck Muzzyman.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, here I thought us Pennsylvanian's were the only ones who argued over a critter that doesn't exist in our state but really does. Ah, just kidding. We've had an ongoing debate about Mt. Lions here in PA for years now.

If I get a draw, I'll probably take bear spray with me. But I don't think I'll take a handgun. I'll have enough trouble getting a bow and all my other hunting crap on the plane.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

MM88,

I would definitely try for the combo tag. Better to have it and not need it than to WANT it and not have it. If you are traveling that far it will be worth it.
On my last hunt to Colorado my friend that lives there told me I should get a bear tag and I said, nah, never seen that many while I was there in the past so I won't bother." Well, I saw 5 bear within a couple of days. [:@]
I have hunted the area in Montana that you are talking about. This was about 10 years ago and I saw a LOT of nice whitetail there. I also got some nice video of a grizzly that came into our camp!! But the camp was farther north...closer to Glacier NP.
WW
Old 01-18-2007, 09:31 PM

[/align]Good luck on the draw ,this is my 3rd try and I pay for the points.That is the compo elk/deer .If you do not get tags try to visit them in the summer you will love the place if your from Pa.I want to be chasing bulls in 8 months.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:55 PM

If I get a draw, I'll probably take bear spray with me. But I don't think I'll take a handgun. I'll have enough trouble getting a bow and all my other hunting crap on the plane
If you are hunting after Sept. 15, its legal to hunt black bears with a firearm while bowhunting for deer or elk at the same time. Black Bear tags are only $350 and there ae quite a few in that area. Just a thought.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

As these guys have said, you have a better chance at getting drawn if you put in for the combo elk/deer tag, as a non-resident, it's close to 60% with zero points, and goes up with bonus points, I think with two bonus points it's close to 90% draw chance. I called F&W last year and got the odds from them. With the non-res. deer tag only, they are correct, it's around 20% with zero points, about 30% with 1 point, and 30-40% with 2 points, not an easy chance that's for sure.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

Heck I heard there was a Grizzer Bear hibernating in one of the Pyramid Lumber Co. log decks
Old 01-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ha, ultimag, I'm not sure, but Pyramid Lumber might be the company my cousin is workin for there. Is that in or around Seeley Lake? I'll definitely put in for the points.

How many points are you permitted to buy?

Quick Reply: Heading to MT and have a couple questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.