Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

CO 4th Season Buck

Old 12-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CO 4th Season Buck

ORIGINAL: SILVERTIP-CO

Looks like you had a good year. Not much to complain about withthe deer or the elk.
Definitely. The only thing bad about my season was not getting a whitetail so far. I missed all the prime midwest rut for that 4th season CO hunt. It will be much tougher now, but I am still seriously trying, mostly with my bow here in Illinois.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking buck, Ken! You've sure put in your time over the year accumulating those points. Well deserved animals there.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:30 AM

That's a gorgeous buck!
Old 12-07-2006, 06:29 PM

I like the long tines and deep forks and the dark antlers;plus a couple kickers .The only thing he is missing is a little more speard and that nothing but air.Now are you going back for another elk in NV? Good luck on those big midwestern whitetails.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:15 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

No I'm not going back to Nevada for elk.........not in my lifetime! I am now not even elligible to apply for 10 years. If I start applying for another tag then, and take 10 years to draw that would put me at 67 years old. Now I am in good shape and push myself hard, but I am not enthusiastic I'd have the joints left to handle those peaks! Unless I upgrade to some titanium ones. By that age I'll probably just be ground blind hunting for whitetails? Anyway I am glad I drew while I am young. I was in great shape and easily handled the mountain. I now have 3 bulls over 320" and am switching to more fun group hunts in the future.

I am looking forward to getting this buck back from the taxidermist. I don't have a decent sized mulie on the wall. The cape is beautiful and the white face is so different from my whitetails.

Looking forward to returning to Colorado for another deer hunt someday within the next 4 years.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:13 PM

I know what you mean ,I want to chase billy goats befor I cann't .I'm 45 hard years old and this carpet laying is starting to get to my knees.I'll be in your neck of the country saterday at panther creek for the 3rd time this season plan on hunting 5 or6 days. good luck from Pa.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

dayna,

No %#&@! I was thinking of going down to JEPC next week too! The public land I have been hunting up here near Chicago is pretty well pounded by now and I was thinking my chances would be better down there. I have a pop-up camper but was going to call to see what they charged for those little cabins. Those are pretty neat. Frustrating still having 2 buck tags in my pocket. How often have you hunted down there? I know it pretty well.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:52 AM

Great job on both Zim, Congrats!
Old 12-12-2006, 08:33 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Hey I just found out I got lucky on that elk I shot. Had it scored by pope & young and he just topped the majic 350" mark at 350 7/8" gross. Haha. That was goal of mine. For 3 months I thought he was 347".
Old 12-14-2006, 12:57 AM

Jim nice deer. DA BEARS,BEARS,BEARS,BEARS.

PS-WHO WOULD WIN DITKA OR A HURRICANE CALLED DITKA?

Quick Reply: CO 4th Season Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.