HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   West (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west-28/)
-   -   WY Pronghorn question (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west/150749-wy-pronghorn-question.html)

WA Shooter 08-07-2006 02:00 AM

WY Pronghorn question

Does anyone know of any Ranches around the Cheyenne area that charge a reasonable tresspass fee for Pronghorns?

I heard that one Ranch charges $50 for the tresspass fee to shoot a Doe. That sounds reasonable to me, and I might go as high a $75, but not any more.

I thought I might try to make a quick trip between hunts to WY and take a Doe, tags are only $29 plus some extras, I just don't want to drive too far, and I'm not familiar with the public land.

Thanks

Grasshopper13 08-07-2006 04:05 AM

RE: WY Pronghorn question

I'm from Missouri, but the last time we were out in Wyoming we hunted some private ground. We had tags for both a buck and doe. We paid $125 dollar trespass fee and were alowed to take both animals. The kicker was, they charged the same if you just wanted to hunt a buck. I also found out that in some areas, you can find folks who will let you take a mule deer doe for free as well. That was in 2003. We were hunting near Douglas.
The best thing to do, would be to contact the Chamber of Commerce in Cheyenne to see who they can hook you up with. They should have a list of Land Owners who let folks hunt their property, with the prices for each.

GH

Wheatley 08-07-2006 07:59 PM

There is alot of public land North of douglas closer to Wright (Thunder Bsasin National Grasslands). Lots of antelope all over the place out there as well. Don't pay anything if you can get a license in one of those areas. I shot one with my bow when I lived there and it was pretty easy so I never really hunted them again. They are all over the place.

jhtrapper 08-19-2006 04:01 PM

If you could draw a tag up in the pindale/dainle area, 88,87,90 are the best and their is plenty of public land and lots of goats, thats where I hunt, and on my dads freinds ranch but he won't allow anyone else to hunt there so I can't help you their.

Wolf killer 08-23-2006 11:40 PM

Buy a map & hunt public land.

Ruddyduck 08-24-2006 05:15 AM

What zone did you draw for? Wyoming is afairly good size state. "Near" something could be within 100 mile radius.

gotlost 08-26-2006 12:46 PM

sorry I didn't see this earlier I 've been out of Town. what area did you draw and I'll see whatI can find for you.

WA Shooter 09-04-2006 09:16 AM

Thanks for the replies, except Wolf Killer-smart ass.

I found a ranch in Casper that the owner lets people on for a gratuity. When I asked he said some people give him a tip, and others don't.

I didn't draw a tag, I went up and bought 2 OTC Reduced price Doe/Fawn tags.

Made the first trip on Aug. 18th. The next trip will be this Wed. the 6th.

jhtrapper 09-04-2006 01:54 PM

Good luck

Wolf killer 09-04-2006 05:26 PM

WA Shooter,Congrats on the antelope. I am glad you found a good ranchto hunt on. I was not beinga smart arse. Just trying to save a fellow hunter a few bucks. There is a tonof Public land to hunt in Wyoming.