HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   West (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west-28/)
-   -   Washington Hunters...Multiple season permits..... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west/136918-washington-hunters-multiple-season-permits.html)

summit daWg 03-19-2006 08:45 AM

Washington Hunters...Multiple season permits.....

what do you think of thier latest attempt to get MORE money from us with another permit drawing fee of $5.48 , and then another $164..25 if you get drawn If they're after money....they should SKIP the drawing and make it available to everyone!!!
Got my mailer on it yesterday, must be applied for by April 9.
Other than that I see only about $20 worth of expanded opportunity to still kill only one animal. Hopefully we are smart enough to pass on this one.

hunt genious 03-20-2006 05:12 PM

RE: Washington Hunters...Multiple season permits.....

I think it's a bunch of crap.

Why dont they make it reasonible for all hunters to afford it ?

BlackLab 03-21-2006 09:51 AM

Received that same reminder. For a quick moment I thought it fell out of the funnies. After reading I just laughed and put it in the garbage.

BrushChimp 03-22-2006 09:13 AM

I threw mine away as well. Our Dept. of Fish & Wildlife is a joke. They'll do anything for money. Just another way to make some money is how I see it. I sure hope no one falls into thisscheme so that the DFWwill just not even try it next year.

usens 03-22-2006 11:28 AM

i threw mine away also. i only hunt modern fire armes and i think its just for a person that have money and time on there hands

summit daWg 03-22-2006 06:02 PM

The thought has crossed my mind to put in for thier permit drawing ............and then if drawn- throw that notification AWAYWaddayall think??

Johnsonmi 03-23-2006 06:47 PM

Ya know, summit Dawg, with as money hungry and screwed up as the politicians are in our state, they would probably still make you pay for the permit!

summit daWg 03-23-2006 07:16 PM

That's the beautiful thing about it......They CAN"T!!!!!!!!!!

Brush hunter 03-27-2006 06:49 PM

Waste of time and money. Another stupid idea.

bdan68 03-27-2006 09:53 PM

I would apply for it if I had the money. I would love to be able to hunt both the muzzleloader and rifle elk seasons. For those of you who think it's a bad idea, don't blame the Fish & Wildlife Dept. They are simply trying to give hunters what they want. This is one of the things people keep asking for...the option of hunting all the seasons like they used to do. Problem is they just can't do that anymore because there is too many people. So they sort of compromised, with this permit. There are only 1500 for deer, and 500 for elk. And sure the cost is a little high, but if you think of the cost of gas, and non-resident deer and elk tags, if you choose to go out of state, $165 really isn't that much. Just think, you could hunt elk for 2 weeks in Sept. with a bow, then a week in early Oct. with muzzleloader, a week or two with rifle in Oct/Nov, and finally 2 or 3 more weeks in Nov/Dec with a bow or muzzleloader, depending on the unit you want to hunt. I think $165 is a bargain for all that hunting time.