Colorado Ek Hunt - GMU choice >

Colorado Ek Hunt - GMU choice

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Colorado Ek Hunt - GMU choice

Old 03-06-2006, 07:44 AM
Spike

Default Colorado Ek Hunt - GMU choice

I was searching for some info and came across this forum, looks like a great place for discussing hunting.

I need some help. I am heading to Colorado in October to Elk hunt during the second rifle season. I am staying in Yampa and need help deciding which GMU to hunt. The options are 231 & 15, both seem to have similar success rates. From what I can tell so far, it seems that 231 is higher in elevation and is more open. I will be on foot and will probably be hiking a few miles into the remote areas to get away from more crowded areas. Taking an atv is an option if that would be a better way to go about it. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Spike

Default RE: Colorado Ek Hunt - GMU choice

Moderators, if this belongs in the "big game" section could you please move it. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:07 PM

Default RE: Colorado Ek Hunt - GMU choice

Hello. I live and hunt here in Colorado. I was also planing tohunt this year during the second season untill I noticed that there is a full moon during that season. I know nothing of that area but know that the animals are out all night when there is a full moon and it makes them very hard to hunt. They really tend to stay in the "dark timber" when its bright out all night long. Last year we hunted 1season and the moon was out then and could of shot a few coyotes 200 yrds from me tent it was so bight. Other than that I know nothing of those areas but good luck. Jovan