HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   West (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west-28/)
-   -   What are the 5 top hunt killers? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west/115590-what-5-top-hunt-killers.html)

outdoor338 10-05-2005 11:03 AM

What are the 5 top hunt killers?

Greetings from Colorado:[/align][/align]Rocky Mountain Outdoor AdventuresTelevision show would like to know what are thetop 5 hunt killers are for you, is it wet boots? Not knowing an area to hunt? We want 5 idea's from you, if you have other hunters that you can forward this to,I sure would appreciate it, we need 50 hunters to participate in this Q&A survey send your thoughts to [email protected] [/align][/align]Thanks....[/align]

trapper T 10-05-2005 07:51 PM

RE: What are the 5 top hunt killers?

I emailed you my five true ones, but what really usually kills an Elk hunt for me is, buying the tag.....that garuntees I won't see any that year, well at least til the day after season[:-];)[8D]

haugenna 10-05-2005 08:40 PM

How about spouses....can u put that one in there

ELK101 10-06-2005 05:30 PM

I just finished with my muzzle load elk hunt here in Washington, I was fortunate to draw a cow tag along with 3 of my buddies who also were drawn for the cow tags. I shot mine about 10 minutes after shooting light on opening day, we were there for a week and my hunt was over. So I got to be camp B___h for the remainder of the week. Thats tough. On the other hand being in an area where there is a lot of elk and not getting the opportunity to get a shot would be the second. Third would be wet boots in the freezing cold. Fourth is having a couph and not being able to contain it. Fifth is getting lost in a area you are not familiar with.
Thats just my two cents.

dbcooper 10-07-2005 07:52 PM

Wounding an animal. Ugh!

summit daWg 10-09-2005 09:11 AM

1 Illnesses in the family has been # 1 in our family....... It doesn't really seem like it was 20 years ago since I hunted with dad, but it has been......last 2 years have been short with the girfriends health issues .[/align]2 Bad weather (or not bad enough also)[/align]3 Mechanical problems in the hills.........Thank god it has never been mine![/align]4 Seeing more whitetails in NE Washington in the drivers seat of my truck (on private [/align]property...No Hunting!) Than out in the woods[/align]5 TOO MANY permit only opportunities just so the WDFW can collect the $5 entry fee- Spike only sucks!!!!!![/align][/align][/align][/align]

racowboy 10-19-2005 09:25 PM

Cold and wearing cotton....if you are talking about actually killing a hunter. Weather can ruin hunting, like too hot during the rut, or so much rain that it washes the sent from the cows or makes the game hold up. The wolves are often running out game completely out of some areas here in Idaho now. Hunting with client hunters who didn't beleive you when you told them they needed to be in good shape to hunt our rugged area. And bad attitudes.

Bullwinkle358 10-20-2005 12:36 PM

1) Forgetting your license and/or tag. I'veforgotten my deer tag ONE time and couldn't hunt all weekend. I learned my lesson.
2) Blisters on your feet. It hurts to hunt when it hurts to walk! I learnedwhat 'prevention' was all about the hard way too.
3) Hunting withsomeone who calls you on the radio too much,complains too much, or is hard to get along with.
4) Not being prepared for the weather.
5) It hasn't happened to me yet (knock on wood), but getting sick the day before you leave, or getting sick while you're there.

BlackLab 10-22-2005 08:40 AM

Getting to your hunting area at O dark thirty,then have other hunters there at first light cutting through.

ejpaul1 10-22-2005 03:57 PM

Lets see, finding out that the colorado department of wildlife has thier head clean up thier butt by selling too many tags, then allowing a chainsaw logging crew to go through 1 day before first rifle season starts. That is precisely the things that occurred in section 28 this year. The there are the lazy hunters that dont go in any further than a tenth of a mile from the road and complain when you hike back from 5 miles in. Sheesh! I got a list of this stuff! EJ