Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Need Help?

Old 08-30-2005, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Need Help?

Where you might get in trouble is if someone pays for your tag or supplies, and you "guide" them in turn. I don't know your state's stand on bartering or trading "services." You have some skills that must be valuable in your area. Wouldn't take much of a repair/remodel job to raise funds for a tag. Consider an ad in the local papers. Call the game and fish/DNR and find out their stand on their interpretation of the law. Get a copy of the actual statutes/regulations and pick them apart to be sure you aren't setting your self up. There is a difference between being a guide and sharing a hunting spot with members of your party.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:58 PM
usa
Fork Horn

I read a lot of good advice in reply to cactusjumpers situation but, I don't see anybody stepping up to the plate to help the guy out, advice is cheap. I
can't believe that there isn't guys out there who could use an experienced hunter in camp, not to mention he want's to share his honeyhole's, if I wasn't already booked for the season I'd jump on it.come on guys lets show a little compassion and help this guy get back into the wood's, (there but for the grace of GOD go I)
Old 08-31-2005, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I consider advice on how not to get arrested and fined to be very valuable advice. Aside from that I don't really have any interest in going to CO to hunt and I don't bowhunt.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:59 PM

Thanks USA for you're intrepreting my intent. I'm not a guide, in my state anyone can show anybody where and how to hunt. I'm just a hunting buddy and nothing more. I have received five responses from Bowsite.com hunters inviting me to hunt and/or share their camp with them. This site seems very negative, and not as helpful as I had hoped. I'm going to take the high road, and hope for the best on this forum, so, I'll readfuture comments a little longer. Look for me in the high country!
Old 09-04-2005, 12:52 AM
usa
Fork Horn

Glad to hear it Cactusjumper, hope you get a big one !! You would have been welcome at my camp if every tag I had wasn't a draw tag, maybe next year, keep in touch, Bill