West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Need Help?

Old 08-25-2005, 09:58 AM

Default Need Help?

I have hunted several years in SW Colorado (GMU's 76-85). My recent bankruptcy left me nothing. I don't and won't beg! I would like your ideas to help me ELK HUNT! I am an experienced, confident elk bowhunter and have killed in the past.

I can guide you(I don't have a license), I can call for you, and I will wait until you kill before I hunt. I will help pack out your animal, and I always share my meat with my companions. I hunt hard and long, and know how to pace myself for a long hunt. I have extensive equipment for all types of camps (motel, roadside, backpack).I will do anything moral and ethical to get from Texas to Colorado and hunt.

I am accomplished as a custom home builder and recently as a home handyman. I am willing to trade work or guide you in my "honey holes" if you can help me with my permit and travel!

I plan to buy an over-the-counter bull tag and take 350 or larger when I do kill. I have found the best time to hunt is from the middle of September to the end of the bow season. I am available from September 7 until the season closing.

I will also swap hunts in Texas. We hunt feral hogs, mule deer and whitetail, turkey and exotics. I also fish. I have longhorn cattle for sale.

Any ideas?

Cactusjumper, cell phone 817-996-8276
Old 08-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need Help?

You might want to check with your states guide association before you think about doing this. From what I understand it's illegal for you to accept goods or money in exchange for guiding someone if you are not liscensed. I certainly wouldn't advertise it. The guide associations do and will send someone undercover to you in an effort to catch you in the act of taking money or goods for guiding services. I'm not trying to burst your bubble just a heads up.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

I am with BrutalAttack.

I put a post up just looking for hunting partners to come to MT. I had many shady people call and try to give me money.I told some of them NO 10 or 12 times is just 1 phone call.I even had guys try to BUY an elk from me.[Me shoot it with there tag]The fish and game will try any thing to bust you.I do not exept any thing for helping people hunt but there friend ship.

I do think it would be ok for them to buy your tag and help you out AS A FRIEND. But I would take all the guid out of your post.

Stay safe
Charles Bradford
Old 08-25-2005, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ELKINMTCWB

I am with BrutalAttack.
The fish and game will try any thing to bust you.I do not exept any thing for helping people hunt but there friend ship.
Don't get the wrong idea. My experience is only with the guide associations, I didn't say anything about Fish and Game. Just want to make sure that doesn't come back to me somehow.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Typical Buck

I though that the Guid association here in MT was part of the fish and game.I know they are in the same offices.I am not sure though it is very hard to get any help or imfoo from them. They are never in the offices.Nor do they return my calls.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah they aren't the same organizations. The guide association is like a union for guides.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:22 AM

Thanks for the advice, guys! I certainly don't want to lose my hunting privileges or equipment. I JUST WANT TO HUNT!
I'm not giving up...just looking for an opportunity to enjoy the outdoors.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:32 PM
usa
Fork Horn

cactusjumper it's hard to see a brother hunter on hard times and not be able to help but I'm already booked up for 5 hunts, e-mail me and let me know what it will take to get you back in the woods. [email protected] , Bill
Old 08-27-2005, 09:29 PM

Bill:

I replied via email. As I first stated, I am willing to earn my keep...Do you need a hand in camp? I am open to anything moral and ethical.

Mike
Old 08-28-2005, 04:12 PM

If you just want to go hunting it should be no problem but if you are wanting to exchange hunts for merchandise might be risky if not liscened

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.