HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   West (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west-28/)
-   -   special Permit results are in wa st (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west/105755-special-permit-results-wa-st.html)

billythekidrock 07-19-2005 11:22 AM

RE: special Permit results are in wa st

I believe they have been doing the point system for 9 years now, but don't quote me.

There are a couple ways to get more points that I know of . You can get 10 "bonus" points for turning in poachers that are appliedonly to deer or elk. You can also get "extra" points if you can prove that F&G messed up on your application or you draw a unit that you did not apply for. I know this 'cause it happened to a friend. F&G gave him his points back plus one since they could not prove that he wouldn't have drawn his second or third choice.

I would be interested to know any other ways to get extra points.

Brush hunter 07-19-2005 10:14 PM

Me and the wife got doe tags in 558

summit daWg 07-20-2005 09:37 AM

Me and my partner got Kelly Hill doe tags again. I guess they were pissed we didn't BOTH kill 2 does over there last year (second permit- available last year not this year) This year we won't wait till December season to get over there and would both prefer antlers on the critters!.....9 points Elk, 9 points Moose

As for how long with the points system, I believe moose , Goat ,and sheep have used it longer than Deer and Elk. Our first try for elkwas the LAST year you had to give up opening weekend of general bull to apply. About the beginning of Spike only .....

Have 2 Hunt 07-25-2005 11:21 AM

The first two years of the point system for Moose, Goat & Sheep were different than the way it is now. They made you pay for the tag when applying then get a refund if you didn't draw, the total for the 3 tags was over $300 so not many people applied. I have applyed every year since about the mid 80's. I think those first two years of points got me my goat tag in 2000. I had 2 points more than the vast majority of people and in a squared point system that improved my odds greatly. The difference between 3 squared and 5 squared made the difference. I had almost 3 times the chance as the majority of people. Needless to say I am a fan of the squared point system.

ELK101 07-26-2005 07:22 PM

I was drawn for a muzzle loader cow tag in the bumping. Oct 1-7th, The bulls should still be bugling at this time of year shouldn't they? Any recomendations on where to start would be much appreciated.

Thanks- Dave

BlackLab 08-06-2005 10:46 PM

two more months and we will be typeing stories about our hunts can't wait. Good luck to all!