Thinking of moving to Montana >

Thinking of moving to Montana

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Thinking of moving to Montana

Old 05-18-2005, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Thinking of moving to Montana

Nemont, that looks good. The red river has some nice breaks along it to. where are you going to to find these properties. A guy can find some cheap houses and properties in the vida-circle area.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:04 AM

Been searching on-line. Found a couple of realitors as well. How is Custer? Found about 800 acres that my wife likes there. I appreciate all of the help ya'll are providing!!!!
Old 05-19-2005, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

You are close to Billings, Montana Largest City. That stretch from Custer to Forsyth is Goose hunting heaven. In addition you are in good cattle country.

Should fly up and take a peek at if it is on the market.

Nemont
Old 05-21-2005, 11:00 AM

Man, I don't know. Eastern Montana is remote and desolate, my wife would never live there, it's hard for any woman to live there. Winters are long and cold and windy, yuck. I've lived in Montana a total of about 9 years, wages suck, land is expensive in the good areas. The fishing has become way over regulated, some of the streams actually require a permit draw due to over crowding for rafts, and the hunting isn't that great at all. To get a Mule deer buck tag in my area I have to put in for a permit that has 75 tags and about 2500 applicants. I travel hwy 93 every day and the traffic here in Western, Montana is terrible. Private land access is nearly impossible to get, and public land is getting more and more pressure 7 days a week. Drugs here in the Bitterroot are rampant and crime is high for the population that we have. Western Montana is rapidly becoming a Vail, or Aspen Colorado type community. Montana is changing dramaticaly and not for the better. If you have to work to make a living here, you will have a tough time. I can afford to live here only because I have my own business, and even that is tough.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

Muley69,

I could turn all those things you hate about Eastern Montana into positives. No traffic, the long cold winters keep the riff raff out, crime is hardly an issue, people are friendly, lack of shopping means more hunting for money for me, the women who like it here aren't those skinny, hairy legged, tofu eaters from Missoula; they are good hardworking women. It is in the eye of the beholder. If you have ever spent a week in the Missouri Breaks it is as beautiful as anywhere in the west.

You can keep your hiway 93 traffic and transplanted yuppies, I prefer the big open.

Nemont
Old 05-21-2005, 09:03 PM

Nemont, there is a reason nobody lives in eastern Montana, it sucks. Sure is nice to visit and hunt for a week or two, but god that place is terrible to live. At least in the western part we have mountains, eastern Montana has none. I will give you this, the best sunsets I have ever seen are in eastern montana, but I sure couldn't live there.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Fork Horn

At least in the western part we have mountains, eastern Montana has none. I will give you this, the best sunsets I have ever seen are in eastern montana, but I sure couldn't live there.
What are the little rockies, bearspaw mountains, bull mountains etc,etc. ?

If you think life here sucks that is your opinion. You couldn't pay me to live back over there. I visit Missoula, Bozeman, Kalispell, The Bitterroot, the Flathead and think it would suck to live there.

I am not going to argue with you so I am done. You have your opinion and I have mine. Just a hint when you are over here hunting for a week or two you may not want to voice that part about it sucks to live on the eastern side of the state.

Nemont
Old 05-22-2005, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

Different strokes for different folks. Nemont Are you sure I can't interest you in a little piece of Highway 93?
Old 05-22-2005, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

MB,
Could I interest you in a little piece of Hiway 2?

Nemont
Old 05-22-2005, 12:06 PM

C'mon Nemont, lighten up, no western Montana resident worth his salt would pass up an opportunity to rib a easterner. I gave you the sunsets what more do you want? The hunting in eastern Montana is fabulous, best bird hunting in the nation as far as I'm concerned. I have a buddy that lives in Wolf Point and I go over there for bird/antelope once a year. I greatly enjoy my visits although some of the reservations are so poor it's pathetic. Two years ago I pulled into Wolf Point at 4am opening morning of pheasant season and saw 13 year old indian kids walking around the streets with booze, pathetic. The winters over there are just brutal, and the goods and services are nearly non-existant. I would rather live in eastern Montana than the city any day, but I would rather live in the heart of the rockies over eastern any day. Montana Bob is right, to each their own. Now go kill one of those fat coyotes for me.

Quick Reply: Thinking of moving to Montana

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.