West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Thinking of moving to Montana

Old 05-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Thinking of moving to Montana

River Front Farm/Ranch
2,200 Acres off I-94

Property No. 18-546 - $275,000.

2,200+ acre Eastern Montana farm / ranch includes 850 deeded acres, plus 1400 acres of BLM lease. Ranch offers 2 ½ miles of river frontage, 107 acres irrigated cropland, with 1000 acre feet Yellowstone River water rights, 735 deeded acres and 1400 BLM acres are pasture and woodland. There are some nice building sites on the property and some excellent hunting opportunities, if that is your pleasure. The property is currently under lease for the remainder of 2005. A real buy at only $275,000. Owner financing available.

Questions?
Give Us a Call at 1-800-685-1025
Old 05-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

520 Acre River-Front Ranch
With Great Improvements & Location

Click to Enlarge
Property No. 18-526 - $580,000.
- - Sale Pending - -

Exceptional 520 acre eastern Montana farm / ranch is located only 6 miles from downtown Glendive, MT. Offers over 1/2 mile of Yellowstone River frontage plus outstanding cover for wildlife, providing hunters & nature lovers alike with an abundance of whitetail deer, mule deer, antelope, pheasant, geese, turkey and a wide variety of other wildlife, not to mention the good fishing!

Ranch acreage includes approx. 360 deeded acres plus 160 acres state leased. 215 acres with river water irrigation rights, 36 acres currently in alfalfa. Approx. 225 acres are planted to spring wheat on a rotating crop basis. The land’s topography should work well for sprinkler irrigation. In addition to river water rights, the property has 2 wells, 1 spring and a dam.

Include a 2,250 sq ft, 4 bedroom, 2 bath home, with fireplace, appliances, central air conditioning, natural gas forced air heat & garage, built in 1974 & is in move in condition. Modern facilities in place for cow/calf, sheep or hog operations include a 40x84 machine shed, 24x30 barn, 30x60 pole barn, 14x192 hog barn with cement floor, full compliment of working corrals & more!

A great opportunity at only $580,000.
Questions?
Give Us a Call at 1-800-685-1025

Old 05-18-2005, 01:58 PM

That is a great looking ranch. I am lost as to what a BLM lease is though?
I have seen this on other properties I have been looking at. $275k is unbelievable to me. Property where I live sells for about $100k / acre. And that is even low.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

BLM= Bureau of Land Management. It is an agency that manages a lot of land in the West. It is public land that "goes" with the ranch. It is not land you own but you lease it in order to graze the land. Those leases generally have a "base" property that orginally proved up on the lease. The lease is based on the number of AUM's you can run on it. The BLM charges the government rate, which for this year is set at $1.79 per AUM per month.

So you lease the land and run your cows upon it. You can't keep the public off of it. That just goes with the territory. These properties are over on Yellowstone River near Glendive. Extreme Eastern Montana.

Nemont
Old 05-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I forgot how beatiful it is out there
Old 05-18-2005, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

K2SOCO, Just a reminder, that adds can be misleading? State & BLM lands are public land. If you lease State or BLM land? You can never stop hunters or fisherman for access. The State & BLM land leases are never a gaurentee either. Someone else can lease the land if they offer a higher price than you.
Good luck in your search.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

Boy those are both beautiful pieces of property. I especially like the first one.
Just needs a big ol muley standing in the snow. If I was ever single id like to move to circle where some of my relatives live. I like it back there.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:02 PM

I wish washington state had resonablely priced land
Old 05-18-2005, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

K2SOCO, Just a reminder, that adds can be misleading? State & BLM lands are public land. If you lease State or BLM land? You can never stop hunters or fisherman for access. The State & BLM land leases are never a gaurentee either. Someone else can lease the land if they offer a higher price than you.
Good luck in your search.
K2SOCO,
Wolf Killer is correct about not being able to keep the public off of BLM and State land. However the BLM land is generally alloted to a "Base Property" and there isn't a bid process to lease it. Generally if you keep your lease in good condition and comply with the rules the BLM sets forth you won't lose your grazing allotment as long as you continue to own the base property. State lands can be bid upon you can lose them to a higher bidder.

Nemont
Old 05-18-2005, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

Here you go Kirkl.

Cropland & Wildlife Habitat
463+ Acres near Circle, Montana

Property No. 18-447 - $185,000.

463.34 acres of cropland and wildlife habitat located 10 miles from Circle, MT on Highway 200, and about 50 miles from Fort Peck Reservoir Recreation area and only 1 mile from the Redwater River. The location not only provides productive cropland, but great deer, antelope and bird hunting along with some of the best fishing in Eastern MT. Land has good access on county road and Hwy 200. Power and phone on property line, completely fenced with 2.75 miles of new fencing. Live water from springs and Corral Creek. Hundreds of trees planted for wildlife cover. Acreage could be bid into CRP program. $185,000.

Quick Reply: Thinking of moving to Montana

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.