Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Fullbody Canada's

Old 03-07-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Fullbody Canada's

Looking at purchasing some. What kind do you all use and what do you think? I am looking at GHG w. flocked heads.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:15 PM

Default RE: Fullbody Canada's

man im with ya there .... they look GREAT !! gettin sum for next season myself
Old 03-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a dozen GHG with the flocked heads and they are a great decoy. I also have 3 dozen GHG fully flocked decoys and they look alot better, but cost more and take a little more tender loving care as not to hurt the flocking too much.....either way you cannot go wrong.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:02 AM

There's a lot of debate about GHG's vs. Bigfoots. We use both (obviously have only had the GHG's for a season, since they're new). I'd say the Bigfoots are more durable, but the GHG's look so much better that they're worth the little bit of extra care that must be given. When we sit in our spread in the morning and look out at the dekes, the Bigfoots look good - but the GHG's cannot be differentiated from real geese that have landed.
You'll hear lots of opinions on this I'm sure, but here's a couple pics to help show you the difference.

Trailer pics - dark (flocked) heads are the GHGs (of course, you could also flock your Bigfoot heads and make them look better - but this is a comparison of "out of the box". I think 2 dozen of our GHG's also have flocked tails, but the rest are all standard. There's also some Higdon's that may be in there (bought at the same time as the Bigfoots and look nearly identical with the exception of the feet).

Here's a pic in the field (the front one is a Bigfoot)

We don't seem to have a problem mixing and matching, but tend to separate them in the spread (putting the GHG's closer to the tips of the "U" so the approaching geese see the best decoys first). Used to use lots of shells, but as we've compiled more full-bodies we have stopped using shells (takes a while though - they're not cheap).

Old 03-09-2005, 05:58 PM

nice pics. This will be the start of my goose hunting spread, I'm going for an all fullbody set-up. The GHG I am thinking about buying are used so I'm a still little sketchy but I saw you can buy flocking kits at Cabela's for like 30$. Anyone have any experience with that stuff?
Old 03-09-2005, 09:43 PM

yeah i used to LOVE the big foot dekes ...til i saw the ghg ... they are too sweet .... im just worried bout the flocking myself .... we dont do gentlemen hunts here where im at for the most part .... sum guys tell me i navy seal hunt .... lol ..... packin in maybe a mile or more if thats where we need to be and thats the only way in ....alot of rubbin goes on in those deke bags packin in like that
Old 03-16-2005, 05:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like thise Bigfoot dekes need a good Bath!!!! I like the GHG flocked head dekes but the legs/base piece totally is junk! They look good though, we have a mix of FB dekes of Bigfeet, GHG and Judge dekes, which we mix with shells and silouhettes.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:03 PM

The GHG decoys look right out of the box but if the fullbody decoys look as poor in a seasons use like the 4 dozen duck decoys of that brand I would rather have my good old Bigfoots any day. In a few years when I see the GHG decoys hold their paint for more than part of one season I might consider them.