HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   Best Robo (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/89068-best-robo.html)

Humboldt 02-02-2005 09:52 PM

Best Robo

Without upsetting anyone I would like to know which brands of wind operated and also battery operated wind/robo duck have proven to be the best. I know people have strong feelings about this topic and I've avoided these decoys just as I have avoided the refuge below my house. Well I've given in on both and the robo is a must have for afternoon hunts at the refuge. I tried to draw fifteen times this year and never got drawn for a morning hunt, so I'm not sure why I'm even bothering, but i'd like any or all of your opinions on the best brands. I like the the concept of a variable runtime of say one to ten seconds after pushing the remote and then automatically shutting off. Is there such a beast? I'd also like one with a major reach advantage regarding the remote. As far as the wind duck I'd just like to have one that runs smooth with little wind. Basically a well designed and balanced, friction free machine.

Thanks

Boldt

ghillie 02-02-2005 10:07 PM

RE: Best Robo

I use a three year old Flambeau. It's still kickin but I have spent much time messing with it. I hooked up my custom wired remote on it for 17$. I am too cheap to buy a new one but if I did I would buy a Lucky Duck or a Mojo Mallard. I know and hunt with a lot of people who use them. You can set them up with a wireless remote for an additional 50$ I think. I saw a deal a little while back for Baby Mojo's (just a small version of Mojo) for like 30$!!.

deadstick 02-04-2005 10:16 AM

I like the Mojo (see lower left) :)

drgildy 02-04-2005 04:43 PM

I have several and my favorite is Mojo with a remote. The Mojo junior is not too small and would be easier to transport.

greenhead911 02-04-2005 06:15 PM

i use a lucky duck but i changed the wing from the metal wing to the mojo wings

[8D][8D][8D]

SMEDLY 02-04-2005 09:30 PM

I USE THE BABY MOJO WITH A TIMER IN IT THAT STARTS AND STOPS THE WINGS INTERMITANTLY SO I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT.

waterfowl_hunter 02-05-2005 07:40 AM

.I have 2 Mojo Mallards. They work the best:D

greenhead911 02-05-2005 06:37 PM

i have seen over the last few years the faster the better
my brother has the floating mojo works great we looked at the baby mojo today
it loooked good i will have one next year to go with my lucky duck

[8D][8D][8D]

Humboldt 02-06-2005 09:11 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I've been eyeing that floating Mojo for some time. It would seem that the floater with a remote would be lethal. We can't even use a Robo until the middle of December so I guess I'll consider a Winduck for the early season. I wish I had Deadstick's hunting area, then I wouldn't even need a Mojo. Thanks for the picture.

Boldt