HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   Choke Tubes (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/87678-choke-tubes.html)

waterfowl_hunter 01-23-2005 06:47 PM

Choke Tubes

I have a Rem. Choke tube. It works all right. I was looking for some decent tubes for a low price. Any suggestions???

johnch 01-23-2005 07:03 PM

RE: Choke Tubes

Low priced tubes ,decent = Rem factory tubes
Great patterens = Briley extended tubes , more $$ but the patterens they throw is great .
There are other good tubes out there ,I just know about the patterens I get with the Briley Extended .

waterfowl_hunter 01-23-2005 07:05 PM

I was looking to spend between $30-$70.

johnch 01-23-2005 08:00 PM

Are you shooting steel ?

If so do you want the tubes for decoying ,mid range or pass shooting ?
Decoying Skeet or IC
For decoying -mid range IC or Light Mod
For Mid range - pass shooting light mod or Mod
Pass shooting MOD or Improved Mod

IMO order a Light Mod and patteren it with your loads ,2 tube IC ,third MOD.

You can order direct from briley.com ($34.95 per tube) or from a gunshop or from a web site .

Carpmaster 01-23-2005 08:50 PM

To be honest some of the best patterns i get are with Beretta IC and Mod choke tubes...these are standard issue tubes which is use in my Benelli Nova!

moose1915 01-24-2005 07:08 AM

i've been using carlson tubes in my red label. about 1" extended, knurled grip on end, and they seem to work just perfect for me. if i recall they are about 15-20 bucks. cabelas has em, and if your gun is not listed, call em up they have em.

bringerofdeath 01-26-2005 10:19 AM

Check out the tubes made by the maker of Sure-Cycle. I have been shooting them exclusively in my waterfowl guns. Awesome patterns. I shoot a .700 for 12 gauge and a .615 for the 20 gauge. All of my birds are shot over decoys except the swan I took at 55 yards.

kycommander 02-02-2005 05:05 PM

if you're wanting a tube that shoots good with steel it gotta be a patternmaster. they're about 75 bucks but more than worth the money. they say the tube separates the wadding from the shot and prevents the gases from blowing through the pattern. it's an awesome product and i highly recommend it.

waterfowl_hunter 02-05-2005 03:34 PM

Hey kycommander I looked on Mackspw.com and searched for them. Are they steel shot tubes or not?

kycommander 02-09-2005 01:41 PM

hey waterfowl hunter......yeah the patternamaster shoots steel. some of the guys i hunt with shoot them and completely convinced me that they were worth the money. they would make a least one 55-60 yard shot per trip. i know that sounds crazy but i recomend it to anyone. don't know if ya have ever crow hunted but it also works very well for that with lead shot. but steel is where it's amazing.