Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

painting decoys?

Old 01-11-2005, 04:40 AM

Default painting decoys?

just wondering if anyone has a cheaper alternative to touching up dekes without having to buy the expensive kits. what kind of paint and such do u use? i have 2 doz. mallards dekes that i need to touch up after the season, any tips will be apreciated
Old 01-12-2005, 09:35 AM

Default RE: painting decoys?

The paint kits are probably the easiest in the long run. I go to the paint store and buy flat colors in black, white, and maybe a few other colors (always flat) and then mix my own if I am going to paint a lot. The paint kits by Parkers or Herters are still the easiest. Cabelas handles both brands.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:21 PM

Default RE: painting decoys?

or else if you want to you could just paint a few of them all fat black ( i know what you thinking what the heck is this kids problem right!) but this actually dos work becouse the duck that are flying can see these dekes best then they well want to get closerthen they will start to see the whole flock and before you know it they will be cuppin there wings and shots will be geting fired!~