Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

HOly MOLy!!!

Old 01-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default HOly MOLy!!!

Well let me tell ya fellas!! I had never been duck hunting, and never really thought about it, i thought it was just too silly to get in that cold water and wait for a bird. Let me tell ya, my uncle bought me a waterfowl stamp and i bought my habitat stamp here for OHIO got me some steel shot and he took me duck hunting down on the OHIo River, in a Canoe!![] I thought he was crazy taking a canoe in the river but what the heck i said, right? so we find this tributary off of the river and paddle back there, and man there were ducks everywhere i was blastin away, i almost tipped us out of the canoe, and my uncle was just laughing his ass off, cuz i didnt hit a darn thang!! Those birds are tough my friend, but you have a new born duck hunter to add to the team, this sport is definetly under-rated!
Old 01-04-2005, 02:05 PM

Default RE: HOly MOLy!!!

SSHHHH! Don't be tellin everyone. My first duck hunt was on a river as well, about 10 years ago down here in KY. Wasn't brave enough to go in a canoe. Now that you mentioned it though its supposed to be 65 tomorrow, that wouldn't be too bad if I fell in.

Congrats on your new found excitement. Did you not kill even one? No different than Turkeys, shoot em in the head.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:17 PM

Congrats on finding out how great it is-aim for the head and squeeze. If you think shooting one is fun-just wait until you call them into the decoys and they lock up as they come in-yowser it is great.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope you got lots of money hehehehehe

Ron
Old 01-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

haha sounds like you had a blast and if you start waterfowling regualtly you will have many more truast me every time i go out tis a new adventure. well congrats on your hunt
Old 01-06-2005, 05:29 PM

Welcome to the sport of duck hunting. Like rbduck said hope you got some money to spare!!!