Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

calling tips

Old 01-02-2005, 02:10 PM

Default calling tips

this year was my first year of hunting im 14 and im upssessed and of course a upssesed duck or goose hunter is going to want to learn how to call ! so do any of you have any calling suggestions ? to make my calling more realistic ?
Old 01-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: calling tips

buy videos, calling tapes and practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! goose and duck videos are good ways to learn, try callin along with them. Also try different calls, over time you'll get the hang of it, and practice regularly in the off season too!!!
Old 01-02-2005, 03:14 PM

alot of practice and videos... and listen to how a duck sounds
Old 01-02-2005, 07:29 PM

i dont think i could of said it any better than carp. everything he told you is what i would recommend. and on calls the more expensive the call the better it will sound! sometimes you just gotta spend the money ive got over 400 dollars worth of calls. hey man im 14 too and i've already won all kinds of contests and the way i got good was by just practicing.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:59 AM

Other than the videos and cd's , just being out there listening to the ducks helps alot. Next time a greenhead comes into your spread, try to listen. Or as their flying over. .........REMEMBER, you trying to immitate the ducks, so listen carefully.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is a program that you can run on your computer ( you need a microphone) that tells you if you sound right and tells you what to change to sound right.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:42 PM

Yea I just started calling this past season for the first time. I practiced and practiced, watched videos and listened to CDs. It helped me!!
Old 01-04-2005, 12:19 PM

I've said it quite a few times on this forum. Get the video by Phil Robertson " The Art of Commanding Ducks". Then do just as he says and you can become a duck caller. You do not need to spend a lot of money (hundred of dollars) on a call. All that will do for you is give you a big head and help empty your wallet. The practice, practice and more practice will help more than any call costing hundreds of dollars.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: johnch

There is a program that you can run on your computer ( you need a microphone) that tells you if you sound right and tells you what to change to sound right.
What's the program called??
Old 01-09-2005, 06:34 PM

Buy Phil's tape, a cheap call under $20 go to the park pond and listen. Practice listen and remember, Ed Van Halen Practiced to be as good as he is.
ORIGINAL: drgildy

I've said it quite a few times on this forum. Get the video by Phil Robertson " The Art of Commanding Ducks". Then do just as he says and you can become a duck caller. You do not need to spend a lot of money (hundred of dollars) on a call. All that will do for you is give you a big head and help empty your wallet. The practice, practice and more practice will help more than any call costing hundreds of dollars.

Quick Reply: calling tips

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.