Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

broke 100 today

Old 12-04-2004, 11:24 AM

Default broke 100 today

broke the 100 mark today prolly the best season we have had so far ..... as far as numbers ..... have only hunted 8 days ..... have taken 30 giants, 24 woodies, 45 mallards, 1 black, and 2 gw teal ..... we ended up killin 4 limits of geese and 5 mallards today ..... just got in from scouting and it doesnt look good at all ... if it werent for the geese we would be some kind of bored ..... any the scouting turned up a total of 13 mallards ..... 100's of geese ..... goin back out in a bit to look for sum DUCKS .... im not a big goose hunter i set-up for em when im in the right situation while im duck huntin ..... but this season they have saved our butts more than once so far .... still have 48 days or so of duck left so i have my fingers crossed
Old 12-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: broke 100 today

Congrats on the 100 mark Wolf. See.....I told ya we didn`t shoot em all , had to save some for you guys. Keep up the good work.

Ron
Old 12-05-2004, 07:49 AM

This is not the number for you by yourself is it? Has to be for two guys.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:01 AM

thanx rb ..... seems ya saved us loads of geese thanx ...........snoot .... no this is a count for myself and the guys that hunt with me .... i believe my count is up to 40+ birds right now ..... we went out this mornin ... i didnt even fire a shot .... buds shot a few tho ....... on real slow days ill just do the callin and let others do the shootin .... we saw quite a few ducks .... and LOADS of geese ..... just the farmer decided to plow his field today .... lol ......oh well maybe next time
Old 12-05-2004, 05:29 PM

40+ by yourself already and 100 total is a heck of a season start. You are making me jealous with talk of so many geese. I've only killed two geese this year as I lost a lease where I goose hunted. Ducks have been cooperating well, though and we have been killing limits of mallards regularly. If I could figure out how to post a picture w/o it being huge I'd show off a little. Anyway, good luck rest of season.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:55 PM

thanx snoot ... yeah im happy with the numbers .... but im a duck addict and need a fix .... most seasons we will shoot limits of mallards everytime we hunt 2 of our honeyholes ... just not happenin this year .... best day on mallards so far was 11 ..... im crossing my fingers for a good push of birds soon ... but i dont think i have ever seen so many geese this early in the season .... even saw sum snows .... word is one of the guys i used to hang around with got into sum of em ....will have to call him to confirm .......... rumors of pintails and bufflehead here too altho i have yet to see any .... but i havent been huntin in the area where they were spotted .... ill start huntin the big water once more birds start to show up .......if ya have yahoo ...add me and show me sum of those pix ..... canis_lupus692002 ..... i can show ya sum of mine ... i dunno how to do the pic thing on here .... lol ...... will have more here soon too .... we use 35 mm
Old 12-06-2004, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ya lucky bum!!!!!!! Wish my season was going that well!!!! I will talk to you later, I might head back yourway again.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:10 PM

dude ...... carp i told ya to come on down ..... ya didnt make it .... would killed ya limits of geese too prolly kill the hell outta em this weekend too .... altho have to make it to a christmas party on friday so ill prolly only hunt sunday let me know if and when ya can make it down .... later .... oh yeah .... not luck ....all skill lol .... later
Old 12-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

The best is yet to come for you fortunate enough not to be getting snowed on every day!!